Senior Propositions Manager
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
At Access People, we are looking for a Senior Proposition Marketing Manager to join our world-class team. In this role, you will be a member of the Proposition marketing team, reporting to the Divisional Head of Propositions. You will be responsible for developing, leading, and building compelling propositions for the SMB segment that meet customer’s current and emerging needs, drive revenue growth, and enhance the company's position in the SMB market.
You will collaborate with cross- functional teams and work closely with the SMB Leader, product experts, GTM, content and marketing teams. This is a hands-on role that’s pivotal to ensure effective development, execution and adoption of proposition messaging and value stories around SMB product portfolio and building a strong and differentiated position within the SMB sector.
In addition to creating new propositions, you will assess the current performance of existing products and determine whether we can accelerate growth through redefining their market proposition or creating new packages or solutions that can enhance revenue growth. You will also provide senior management with regular assessments of our relative market position and the competitive strengths of our SMB product portfolio.
As we are heading on a new journey with a more innovative approach, we need an expert proposition marketer to both illustrate the value of the current offering to existing SMB customers – and also be the champion for new product launches and disruptive innovation.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Lead the development and implementation of a customer-centric SMB proposition strategy, aligning with overall business objectives, market trends, and segment needs.
- Ensure the SMB portfolio of existing and new products achieve their divisional targets through innovative prop design and exceptional briefing and management of colleagues to deliver well executed product marketing initiatives.
- Conduct thorough market research, customer buyer journeys, competitive analysis, and customer insights to identify market opportunities and develop innovative propositions.
- Develop and continuously improve SMB product positioning, create compelling proposition messaging and competitive differentiation to appeal to our ideal customer profile. Be the expert on communicating this information to key stakeholders internally.
- Define business cases for new propositions, sizing future opportunities, assessing commercial performance and building assumptions for financial modelling.
- Identify cross sell opportunities for your products within other markets and produce business cases and plans to execute appropriate proposition marketing initiatives.
- Brief and enable GTM specialists to coordinate the planning of new product launches, manage the cross-functional readiness of the business to handle the new product and deliver and execute the proposition marketing aspects of the launch including supporting sales enablement and coordination with marketing. All of this is to ensure that the KPIs and targets you design are met and well delivered.
- Be the voice of the customer for all SMB products. Ensure all propositions are customer-centric and outcome led. Work with key customers as partners to develop and validate new propositions.
- Stay updated on industry best practices, emerging technologies, and market trends to drive continuous improvement and innovation within the SMB propositions. Be the expert on communicating this information to key stakeholders internally. Feeding industry requirements into Product to facilitate delivery of innovative, competitive product roadmaps.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to track the success and effectiveness of propositions, making data-driven recommendations for improvement.
- Assist with overall People division solution mix and prioritisation of innovation and strategic product direction.
Your skills and experiences might also include:
- Significant experience of product marketing or proposition marketing experience with including experience in a market-facing role
- Proven software experience of SMB market and B2B cloud, SaaS product and services is preferred.
- Demonstrable track record in building customer-centric propositions that deliver evidenced commercial returns.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to translate market insights into actionable propositions.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels working in a cross- functional environment.
- Customer first mindset. Commercially astute & comfortable assessing commercial performance. Process and metrics driven.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects with tight deadlines and running big strategic projects with challenging or short deadlines.
- Innovative and passionate about new technology and latest trends
- Strategic thinking and the confidence and drive to self-determine their focus and how they invest their time.
- Experience developing and leveraging personas and journey maps, tailoring messaging to target buyers based on their needs and journey stages.
- High degree of product marketing technical expertise and business acumen with a demonstrable track record of execution and the ability to take teams and stakeholders on a robust and appropriate product marketing journey for each initiative.
- Strong project management skills.
- Familiar with Salesforce and marketing software such as Marketo is a plus.
- Fuelled by optimism and positivity, likes to get involved in the big picture, with an approach to decompose complex problems into actionable bits, manage ambiguity, solving problems efficiently, and adapting to continuous change.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.