Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Are you ready for the challenge?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
- You will report to the Senior Product Manager for our Education Back-Office Portfolio and will play a vital role working within our NPE (Non-Profit and Education) Division, setting the strategic product direction and defining the roadmap for our Education Finance software.
- You will build products from existing ideas and develop new ideas based on your industry experience, research and constant external contact: customers, prospects and those shaping the sector. In addition, you will also ensure that the strategy is fulfilled with practical go-to-market planning and engagement.
- You will work with Product Marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Above all you will have the ability to make sound commercial decisions that you can articulate clearly to other stakeholders.
Day-to-day, your responsibilities will include:
- Define and communicate a compelling product vision and strategy, Creating the product roadmap for your products aligned with the company Strategy and Vision.
- Articulate business cases to support your product strategy and roadmaps.
- Use sound understanding and appreciation of the Market, customer problems and competitive landscape along with research and metrics to inform decisions.
- Contribute to increasing the profitability of the product and developing innovative new ideas.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to elicit requirements and develop optimal business solutions.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and all other departments and divisions to communicate the product roadmap, product content and launch.
- Develop, implement and manage a launch plan for responsible product, working closely with all departments to execute the plan.
- Support sales and go to market initiatives for Education Finance, owning the creation of sales & demonstration material, content for lead generation, and content for user group meetings.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of customers’ business processes and requirements, becoming a product expert, able to do pre-sales demos of all of your products.
- Work with the other Product Managers to understand the overall portfolio, to facilitate the overall product strategy, integration and cross sell.
- Initiate and support engagement with clients through Special Interest Groups, User Groups and other events.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure the correct functionality is created from the prioritized business case and requirements.
As a well-rounded Product Manager, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Commercially aware with a good understanding of market drivers and client needs, whilst able to innovate and seek out commercial opportunities.
- Flexible and pragmatic, able to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by using effective analytical and problem-solving skills and can prioritize appropriately.
- Excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach.
- Proactive, works at pace, goal orientated with a strong delivery and commercial focus.
- Demonstrates sound judgement, able to make wise decisions despite ambiguity independently whilst recognizing when to escalate for more senior approval.
- Organized, methodical, calm under pressure with strong Interpersonal skills.
- Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
Can balance execution of the long-term strategy with the need to deliver short term results.
What does Access offer you?
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get: