Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
The Access People division, which includes products like PeopleHR, Payroll, Access Learning, and Salary extras, has revolutionized the People ecosystem. We're on an exciting journey of continuous improvement, and we invite you to be part of it.
We are seeking a Product owner who is driven by a passion for innovation and collaboration. Your commitment to excellence, coupled with your enthusiasm for creating impactful solutions, aligns perfectly with our vision. You thrive in a dynamic environment and are excited to contribute to meaningful projects that enhance people's work lives
- Committed to fostering an open and honest culture of continuous improvement.
- Skilled at understanding the genuine needs of individuals.
- Adept at collaborating with developers, UX Designers, Business teams, and Senior stakeholders to deliver features in a software product.
- Organized, methodical, and composed under pressure.
- An independent self-starter who takes initiative.
- Capable of making well-informed decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Proficient in identifying root causes and offering sustainable solutions.
- Skilled in creating requirements that align both short-term needs and long-term strategic goals.
- Proactive and possess a positive, professional demeanor with a knack for innovative thinking.
- Eager to learn, adaptable to new domains, and embrace growth opportunities.
- Familiar with UK Payroll legislation (a plus)
- Proficient in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) within a digital/software product development context.
- Strong ability to define and refine User Stories and Epics.
- Comfortable collaborating with a diverse range of stakeholders and technical teams.
- Effective at creating clear and concise requirement documentation.
- Familiar with requirement management and portfolio management tools (e.g., Jira, confluence, Azure DevOps, Target Process).
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, along with excellent communication abilities.
- Experienced in workshop facilitation, stakeholder management, and communication.
- Possess a reasonable technical understanding for context and software challenges (components, data flows, integration, etc.)
- Experience working on Payroll software products would be beneficial
- You will be working with internal business teams and stakeholders in terms of assessing our roadmap for new capability and client change requests and assisting with and feeding into the optimum design solutions for our releases.
- Act and gain skills as a product expert in regard of new and ongoing product developments
- Assist in Product Roadmap management and scheduling including identifying items for high value Roadmap
- Possess an understanding of end-to-end customer experience for integration across our modules and dependencies between the modules
- Presentation of Product Update Sessions
- Effectively working with other Business Analysts, Consultants, QA’S and Product Managers to meet deliverable deadlines for various projects
- Be a key stakeholder in developing an efficient release management procedure for the SMB Payroll product suite
- Assist in the development of innovative ideas and processes and business performance
- Assist with continuous improvement within the Product team by partaking in identification, implementation and control of process changes
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life and Be you. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.