System Engineer (m/f/d) Data Center/Cloud
think project! GmbH
- Munich (DE)
- Wurzburg (DE)
What do we do?
Thinkproject is a European market-leader in digitalisation tools for construction companies. It sounds complex, but we'll explain further! Construction companies used to use manual administration and physical paperwork for projects (sometimes hundreds of thousands of bits of paperwork for one project!). Using our construction intelligence solutions, businesses can go digital, which benefits everyone from the construction companies to the wider public.
Our mission is to deliver digitalisation to make a safer, healthier and more sustainable AECO (Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Operations) industry. This is a really exciting time to join our company, since our founding in 2000 we have gone from strength-to-strength and have lots of exciting developments coming up soon that you could be a part of.
We are looking for multiple System Engineers (m/f/d) to join our Operations Team. The System Engineer (m/f/d) is responsible for monitoring and orchestrating of IT services and IT infrastructure. You guarantee reliable service of our datacentres, customer satisfaction and the highly available SaaS infrastructure of Thinkproject. Modern equipment and agile methods support you with mastering complex tasks. As our products become more integrated, opportunities to work with new products will become more and more prevalent.
Location: Munich or Würzburg
What your day will look like
- Responsible for the engineering and deployment of enterprise technology solutions for our customer platform, including design, installation, configuration, upgrade, monitoring and troubleshooting of network, server and storage components for multiple data center
- Support the team in orchestrating and automating the environment using automation tools (Ansible, Puppet) and various scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, Powershell)
- Incident, problem and risk identification, remediation, and continuous optimisation of the grown thinkproject platform (CentOS, Apache, Perl, Postgres etc.)
- Design, implementation, administration and continuous optimisation of monitoring solutions (i.e. New Relic, Icinga2)
- Secure the ongoing and highly available operation (>99,9%) with enhancements and technological adaption
- Carry out updates to our SaaS products during maintenance windows, including software releases, patching, and vulnerability scanning processes (Part of the call out rota)
- Support the business in our journey to cloud technologies, specifically Azure IaaS and PaaS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Technical project delivery including risk management and reporting
- Actively participate in an on-call rota, fault finding and remediation as well as handling escalations to other technical teams, senior management or customer facing account managers
- You will be required to create and maintain detailed technical documentation
- Working closely with our security and compliance team to improve the IT security and maintain ISO27001 certification of the company
- Understand thinkproject DR processes and actively participate in DR exercises
What you need to fulfill the role
- Well-founded qualification as an IT specialist - system integration or a comparable qualification
- More than 2 years of practical experience in IT system administration, preferably in a technical role of client-oriented platforms
- You have advanced experience with Linux (Red Hat / CentOS)
- Good understanding of network concepts (switching, routing, perimeter security).
- Very good experience with data center virtualization and storage solutions (specific experience with VMware a plus)
- Experience with the operation of PostgreSQL database systems is helpful.
- Basic understanding of IT security concepts
- You even have first experience in creating, editing and maintaining automation scripts (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Powershell)
- Knowledge of script languages (bash, python, perl) an advantage
- Experience in Azure technologies / services; networking principles, exposore to Docker-SWARM and Kubernetes are welcome
- You have good skills in the German and English language
What we offer
We are a passionate bunch here. To join Thinkproject is to shape what our company becomes. We take feedback from our staff very seriously and give them the tools they need to help us create our fantastic culture of mutual respect. We believe that investing in our staff is crucial to the success of our business.
Minette Tshibangu | T +49 89 930 839-419
Please submit your application, including salary expectations and potential date of entry, by submitting the form on the next page.
Working at thinkproject.com - Make your intelligence an asset.