Security Engineer (m/f/d)
think project! GmbH
Security Engineer (m/f/d)
- Gloucester (GB)
What do we do?
Thinkproject is a European market-leader in digitalisation tools for construction companies. It sounds complex, but we'll explain further! Construction companies used to use manual administration and physical paperwork for projects (sometimes hundreds of thousands of bits of paperwork for one project!). Using our construction intelligence solutions, businesses can go digital, which benefits everyone from the construction companies to the wider public.
Our mission is to deliver digitalisation to make a safer, healthier and more sustainable AECO (Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Operations) industry. This is a really exciting time to join our company, since our founding in 2000 we have gone from strength-to-strength and have lots of exciting developments coming up soon that you could be a part of.
Reporting to the IT Security Manager (m/f/d) you will be supporting our growing, global business as we continue to innovate. The role provides security guidance and practical support to our staff and your colleagues across a number of areas, including application development, networks, infrastructure operations and endpoint management.
What your day will look like
- Provide an excellent level of service to our staff, ensuring they stay safe and well connected in their day-to-day work
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of network and security professionals. Providing constructive feedback and promoting professional growth
- Foster a culture of collaboration, open communication, and continuous improvement within the team
- Plan, budget, and oversee the execution of network, security, and software security projects
- Monitor project progress, track key metrics, and ensure timely and successful project delivery within budget and scope
- Act as SME and system owner for relevant tools and processes within the network and security domains
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to the team, ensuring the implementation of best practices and industry standards
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across multiple time-zones, including product management, research and development, internal IT and people and culture to ensure a consistent approach to security strategy across business functions
- Identify opportunities for training and development within the team as well as across the wider business. Ensure that appropriate cyber security awareness / training is in place
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in the networking, cyber security, and software security domains, and leverage this knowledge to drive innovation and improvement within the team
- Act as a point of escalation for technical issues, providing effective resolution and troubleshooting support as needed
- Provide security focused support, across a wide range of security technologies, to our staff and partners
- Support our technical and development teams by providing analysis of threats and vulnerabilities and practical assistance in mitigating risks
- Ensure that our security controls are effectively integrated into our software development processes
- Supporting our compliance team in developing security and privacy policies for our staff, within an active ISMS, accredited to ISO27001
- Identify opportunities to improve security; propose / implement suitable solutions.
- Analyse and respond to security threats, reporting findings into a wider incident response team, as required
- Undertake regular internal and external security assessments of our infrastructure, and manage findings to completion, supporting the development teams as required
- Demonstrate experience in managing an organisations security posture
- Demonstrate experience of maintaining common security tools (firewalls, web filtering, application control and vulnerability management)
- Demonstrate experience with security testing tools
What you need to fulfill the role
- More than 2 years of experience in an IT security role
- Technical understanding of common IT systems / concepts. E.g. DNS, TCP/IP, firewalling, Active Directory, email exchange, APIs, encryption, access control and development
- Basic understanding of software development methodologies and tools
- Previous experience implementing Azure AD / Azure services and associated security controls (Endpoint, Conditional Access, MFA, Identity Management, Access Reviews, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Ability to write scripts (PowerShell preferred)
- Knowledge of cyber security standards (ISO27k, Cyber Essentials, C5, etc)
- Relevant IT Security qualification(s)
- Previous experience working with an ISMS under ISO27001
- Experience with AWS / GCP technologies / services & networking principles
- Able to communicate to a good standard in German
What we offer
We are a passionate bunch here. To join Thinkproject is to shape what our company becomes. We take feedback from our staff very seriously and give them the tools they need to help us create our fantastic culture of mutual respect. We believe that investing in our staff is crucial to the success of our business.
Minette Tshibangu | T +49 89 930 839-419
Please submit your application, including salary expectations and potential date of entry, by submitting the form on the next page.
Working at thinkproject.com - Make your intelligence an asset.