Collections & Billing Specialist
Collections & Billing Specialist
Camden, London (currently, the Company is operating a non-contractual, 50% hybrid way of working, with employees attending our Company office 2 fixed days every week + 1 other day every other week, and is subject to change).
TouchTunes is the world's largest in-venue interactive music and entertainment platform, with our connected jukeboxes featured in over 65,000 locations globally. Our music experience inspires emotional connections in shared spaces, enhancing the way people interact with each other and their environment. Millions of songs are played daily across the TouchTunes network, with our popular mobile app driving the vast majority of plays.
We are seeking a driven Collections & Billing Specialist who will use their strong financial and credit control experience to ensure the timely collection of outstanding customer payments in order to help maintain an effective Accounts Receivable function and fulfil accurate and efficient billing processes. In turn, they will directly contribute to the financial stability and growth of the UK business.
They will develop and optimise relationships with customers whilst also handling credit assessments, negotiating payment plans, and maintaining accurate financial records. They will also be responsible for managing the billing of invoices for two small-medium business entities on separate general ledger systems. Being part of a small team, they will be expected to provide cover for accounts payable, general ledger accounting and ad hoc analyses.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Manage Credit Control to ensure payments are received from customers/operators in a timely manner.
- Manage the debtor books across two legal entities to ensure prompt payment and early identification of any billing issues or operator queries.
- Contact customers regarding overdue payments and outstanding balances through phone calls, emails, and letters.
- Negotiate and establish payment plans with customers to facilitate debt resolution.
- Collect outstanding debt via processing telephone card payments and/or setting up Direct Debits/Standing Orders.
- Monitor and track accounts with overdue balances and deferred payment plans, and make proactive and appropriate action recommendations to the Financial Controller to minimise bad debts and optimise collections and billing procedures
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all collection efforts and communications.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal teams to resolve customer queries and disputes related to billing and payments, service/sales are suspended/activated where necessary.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers, acting as a point of contact for billing and payment inquiries and offering assistance and guidance to resolve any billing concerns in a clear and concise manner.
- Prepare regular reports on collections performance, outstanding balances, and ageing accounts, and analyse collection data to identify trends, potential risks, and opportunities for improvement.
- Clear the unallocated suspense account.
- Reduce average trade debtor days.
- Raise, record, and issue invoices and credit notes internally and externally, accurately and in accordance with agreed terms and contracts.
- Review data received from major customers regarding site listings to identify changes to monthly billing, resolving any discrepancies as necessary, and ensure completeness and accuracy of billing data.
- Issue accurate, complete, and timely monthly statements of accounts to all clients.
- Set up new customer accounts and update billing information in the accounting system.
- Liaise with Legal Department to ensure new customer, purchase order and transfer paperwork is generated and signed.
- Book banking & system allocation of cheques.
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash.
- Assist in reconciling credit card statements.
- Data entry of financial information onto accounting system (currently Chorus).
- Ad hoc reports and analysis and wider team assistance when required.
What you bring to the table:
- Demonstrable experience in collections, billing, credit control, or a related financial role is essential.
- 2 years minimum experience in a financial role.
- 2 years minimum experience using billing systems and accounting software packages, experience using Chorus advantageous but not essential, or demonstrable proficiency in using such systems.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, financial transactions, and debt management procedures specific to the UK market.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, as well as advanced knowledge of Excel (tables, use of filters, V Look up, and “track changes” functionality).
- Highly numerate with an understanding of accounting principles.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to adapt and effectively communicate to both external and internal customers at various levels (colleagues through to senior management).
- Strong negotiation and persuasive abilities, and the ability to take a customer-centric approach with a focus on building positive relationships whilst also maintaining a good business acumen and approach.
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical and problem-solving skills, especially when dealing with reconciliations & identifying triggers on customer accounts.
- Ability to work independently, methodically, and proactively in order to prioritise and multitask effectively and meet deadlines.
- Basic awareness of data protection principles, and ability to work in an effective but confidential manner.
- Upholds high ethical standards and treats customers and colleagues with honesty and respect.
- Flexible in handling different customer situations and changing business requirements.
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues across departments to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates a proactive, self-motivated and results-driven approach and initiative to resolving customer billing and payment challenges.
- Independent thinker, with the ability to balance both working autonomously and working with others in a team setting.
- Inquisitive with the tenacity and drive to question customer accounts and chase for resolutions and results.
- Interested in pursuing an accountancy profession (desired but not essential).
What is in it for you:
- 25 days Annual Leave (plus UK Public Holidays).
- Enhanced Sick Leave.
- Workplace salary sacrifice pension scheme (autoenrollment)
- Enhanced employer pension contributions at 4%.
- Group Life Assurance – x3 annual basic salary.
- BHSF Health Cash Plan – cashback on major healthcare expenses.
- 24/7 virtual GP services.
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP)
- Perkbox – perks and discounts across big brands, including Apple and Uber.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
- Must be authorised to work in the UK.
- Ability to perform primarily sedentary work, frequently using a computer (visual acuity, fine motor skills) and telephone (talking/hearing).
TouchTunes UK Ltd. (including Soundnet Limited) is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. TouchTunes UK Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Family Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $30,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $38,000.00