Part Time (15-20 hours per week)
New York, NY
January 22, 2024 – May 23, 2024
TouchTunes is the largest digital jukebox network in the World, operating in over 65,000 locations in the US alone, including national partners such as Buffalo Wild Wings and Waffle House. Our unique position in the music ecosystem provides an active, shared listening experience and encourages interaction among our users. Millions of songs are played across the TouchTunes network daily, and we showcase music in distinctive ways through exclusive on-platform promotions, highly customized curation, and IRL fan engagement opportunities. Our interns collaborate with senior music team members on multiple meaningful projects spanning these objectives.
The TouchTunes Music Team is organized around 5 key pillars of the digital music business: Editorial & Curation, Label Relations & Music Promotion, Music Licensing, Partnerships & Operations, and Music Royalties. We are looking for an insightful, diligent, and self-motivated intern who is willing to lean in and work with our passionate team of professionals in each of these areas.
Day To Day:
- Identify relevant new music, artists, genres, and trends with Editorial & Curation.
- Conduct copyright ownership research and song clearances from record labels, music publishers and performing rights organizations with Music Licensing.
- Assist in the development of campaigns and create presentations for activations with Label Relations & Music Promotions.
- Support partnerships with third party software/technology companies that integrate with TouchTunes back-end systems with Partnerships & Operations.
- Learn how to report and pay creators and rightsholders for the digital exploitation of music with Music Royalties.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree program with a major or minor in Music Business, Entertainment, Media, or a closely related program
- The ideal candidate has completed coursework and/or has experience in music business, music publishing, music copyright, royalties, and licensing, or other relevant education
- Basic understanding of music publishing or familiarity with US Performing Rights Organization search tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Interest in or passion for music, entertainment, and pop culture
- Eager to learn and grow
- Diligent follow up capabilities with effective persistence
- Ability to understand and interpret network music trends to help inform curation decisions
- Must be a team player with the ability to self-motivate, an eagerness to learn, and an easy-going, can-do attitude
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment and be flexible across teams within the department
- Highly organized individual who pays close attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Spanish is a plus
- Prior work experience in music publishing, music copyright, royalties, licensing, or other relevant education a plus.
- Experience using US PRO copyright ownership research tools a plus.
- Exposure to industry-standard contract terms and a high-level understanding of the digital music business models a plus.
- Experience with Canva a plus.
- In an effort to protect our fellow employees, their families and our customers, TouchTunes requires all employees working onsite to receive the COVID-19 vaccination with exemptions only for limited reasons required by law.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Part-time (15-20 hours per week). The TouchTunes Music team is highly collaborative. We will accommodate around school course load and schedule.
- Open to partnering with candidates to obtain school internship credit.
TouchTunes is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. TouchTunes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Family Music Licensing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $20.00