Schaumburg, IL or New York, NY (50% onsite, 50% remote)
TouchTunes is the world's largest in-venue interactive music and entertainment platform, with our connected jukeboxes featured in over 65,000 locations globally. Our music experience inspires emotional connections in shared spaces, enhancing the way people interact with each other and their environment. Millions of songs are played daily across the TouchTunes network, with our popular mobile app driving the vast majority of plays.
The Payroll Manager is the global payroll lead, accountable for payroll across three countries (US, Canada (Quebec) and the UK). You will be is responsible for the functional ownership and day-to-day operations for the delivery of payroll services in the US and oversee payroll in Canada and the UK. This person will operate with a high level of statutory compliance while executing payroll in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. You will be responsible for establishing overall payroll process improvements, maintaining compliance with federal, state, provincial and local payroll requirements, and managing the execution of bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual payroll processes. The Payroll Manager requires strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders ensuring a common understanding of all the transactions impacting payroll. This will require interacting with all levels within the organization, providing reporting and other duties as necessary.
Day to Day:
- Lead the payroll processes and compliance Globally, including US employees (approx. 150 EEs across 2 locations and field), Quebec employees (approx. 140) and the UK (approx. 20).
- Perform all duties necessary for full-cycle payroll management and processing of biweekly, multi-jurisdictional payroll for all US employees using Ceridian Dayforce including hourly and salary payroll, commission payments, bonus payments, taxable fringe benefits, wage garnishments and other special payments.
- Provide guidance and management of payroll processing for Quebec and the UK to ensure delivery of regular payroll and associated filings and compliance requirements.
- Administration of Time Management system, including policy configuration and management in Ceridian Dayforce, processing of timesheets and reporting.
- Act as technical owner of the configuration and design of the Payroll and Time Management (TAFW) modules in Ceridian Dayforce, ensuring data integrity, maintaining current product knowledge and conducting and developing user acceptable testing (UAT), where required.
- Establish and maintain Global payroll standards and guidelines in accordance with applicable federal, provincial state and local laws including but not limited to compliance, process documentation and end-user job aids / training guides.
- Ensure proper taxation and withholding of all statutory withholdings and voluntary deductions, including the maintenance and execution of import files to internal teams and third-party vendors (i.e. 401k, GL) for all countries and locations.
- Provide ownership over the 401(k) and Retirement Plans, partnering with third-party administrator and record-keeper to maintain plan compliance and ensure accurate record-keeping.
- Partner with Accounting and tax teams regarding general ledger entries, mapping of the GL to automate reporting, payroll liabilities reconciliation, state/local tax compliance, annual / ad-hoc audit support, reporting inquiries and other projects as necessary.
- Manage the T&E reimbursement process, from user authorization through to payment, partnering with the accounts payable team to authorize and distribute payments.
- Provide day-to-day support and issue resolution related to payroll, time and system inquiries, proactively communicating with impacted employees, managers and HR.
- Align tightly with the HR Operations team to build and execute processes to support the onboarding, change, and offboarding processes through the use of Dayforce and other internal tools.
- Support projects and process improvement in conjunction with broader HR team to address issues of data integrity, reporting, system testing, process documentation and other projects as necessary
- Prepare and compile payroll related reports and statistics for financial institutions, government and HR and accounting departments, which includes Worker’s Compensation insurance reporting.
- Oversees payroll specialists across the organization for international payrolls in Canada & UK and provide direct coverage of payroll delivery, as needed.
- Prepare, develop and issue all required payroll ad-hoc and year-end reports including W-2s, oversee year end process for Canada (including the T4s, and RL1s) and UK.
- Remain current on all payroll industry trends and best practices applying this knowledge to our processes and identifying areas of efficiency.
- Strong technical background in payroll and ability to own US and Canadian (Quebec) payroll function with minimal guidance or direction
- 10+ years of experience processing payroll, including at 3+ years of functional ownership
- Full-cycle payroll experience with multi-entity, multi-jurisdictional organizations, including administering payroll in the US and Quebec
- Expert experience with Ceridian Dayforce HCM payroll and time modules required
- High school diploma or equivalent; Degree in business, accounting or relevant field a plus
- Working knowledge of benefits compliance particularly its relation to payroll as a core function
- Subject matter expertise and strong working knowledge of payroll best practices, guidelines and compliance including multi-jurisdictional tax management
- Strong analytical and financial reporting and MS Excel skills (if statements, vlook-ups, pivot tables, conditional formatting, etc.)
- Experience with documentation of business process and gathering of business requirements
- CPP or equivalent certification preferred
- Experience in systems integration and conversion a plus
- Fluent bilingualism (written/verbal/oral) in English and French a plus
- Working in a culture that likes to drive constant innovation
- Competitive insurance packages (health, dental, vision)
- Unlimited sick time
- Pet insurance
- Competitive 401K package with company match
- Hybrid working environment
- Access to Udemy for unlimited training programs
- WorkLifeWell, provider of on-demand behavioral health management including wellness classes, workshops and yoga.
- Pre-tax benefits: Commuter, Dependent Care FSA etc.
- In an effort to protect our fellow employees, their families and our customers, TouchTunes requires all employees working onsite to receive the COVID-19 vaccination with exemptions only for limited reasons required by law.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Travel 5-10%
TouchTunes is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. TouchTunes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Job Function G
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $110,000.00
Something looks off?