(Hybrid - Onsite Tuesdays & Thursdays)
We’re looking for a Payroll Manager. This person will be responsible for the functional ownership and day-to-day operations for the delivery of payroll services in the US and provides backup payroll support to Canada and UK. This role will operate with a high level of statutory compliance while executing payroll in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. The Payroll Manager will develop strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders ensuring a common understanding of all the transactions impacting payroll. The role will be responsible for employee data maintenance and integrity, maintaining compliance with state and local payroll requirements, interacting with all levels within the organization, reporting and other duties as necessary.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Perform all duties necessary for full-cycle payroll management and processing of biweekly, multi-jurisdictional payroll for all US employees (approx. 150) using Ceridian Dayforce including hourly and salary payroll, commission payments, bonus payments, taxable fringe benefits, wage garnishments and other special payments.
- Provide all payroll services for Canadian employees (approx. 100) as maternity cover and provide backup coverage at all other times.
- Administration of Time Management system, including policy configuration and management in Ceridian Dayforce, processing of timesheets and reporting
- Act as technical owner of the configuration and design of the Payroll and Time Management (TAFW) modules in Ceridian Dayforce, ensuring data integrity, maintaining current product knowledge and conducting and developing user acceptable testing (UAT) where required
- Establish and maintain payroll standards and guidelines in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws including but not limited to compliance, process documentation and end-user job aids / training guides
- Ensure proper taxation and withholding of all statutory withholdings and voluntary deductions, including the maintenance and execution of import files to internal teams and third-party vendors (i.e. 401k, GL)
- Provide ownership over the 401(k) Plan, partnering with third-party administrator and record-keeper to maintain plan compliance and ensure accurate record-keeping
- Partner with Accounting team regarding general ledger entries, mapping of the GL to automate reporting, payroll liabilities reconciliation, annual / ad-hoc audit support, reporting inquiries and other projects as necessary
- Manage the T&E reimbursement process, from user authorization through to payment, partnering with the accounts payable team to authorize and distribute payments
- Provide day-to-day support and issue resolution related to payroll, time and system inquiries, proactively communicating with impacted employees, managers and HR
- Align tightly with the HR Operations team to build and execute processes to support the onboarding, change, and offboarding processes through the use of Dayforce and other internal tools
- Support projects and process improvement in conjunction with broader HR team to address issues of data integrity, reporting, system testing, process documentation and other projects as necessary
- Prepare and compile payroll related reports and statistics for financial institutions, government and HR and accounting departments, which includes Worker’s Compensation insurance reporting
- Crosstrain with other payroll specialists across the organization as backup for international payrolls in Canada & UK
- Prepare, development and issue all required payroll ad-hoc and year-end reports including W-2s
- Remain current on all payroll industry trends and best practices applying this knowledge to our processes and identifying areas of efficiency
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of experience processing payroll, including at least three years of functional ownership
- Full-cycle payroll experience with multi-entity, multi-jurisdictional organizations
- Expert experience with Ceridian Dayforce HCM payroll and time modules required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong technical background in payroll and ability to own US payroll function with minimal guidance or direction
- Working knowledge of benefits compliance particularly its relation to payroll as a core function
- Subject matter expertise and strong working knowledge of payroll best practices, guidelines and compliance including multi-jurisdictional tax management
- Strong analytical and financial reporting and MS Excel skills (if statements, vlook-ups, pivot tables, conditional formatting, etc.)
- Experience with documentation of business process and gathering of business requirements
- CPP or equivalent certification preferred
- Experience in systems integration and conversion a plus
- Degree in business, accounting or relevant field a plus
- Experience with Canadian payroll processing and year-end a plus
What is in it for you:
- Flexwork: Hybrid WFH-office environment and work anywhere around the globe up to 3months/year
- Learning: Free Udemy access, ability to attend conferences in your field of your choice!
- Health: Competitive health insurance, Dialogue app and unlimited sick days
- Commute: 50% off OPUS and EXO train
- Office: Office accessible to people with disabilities
- Etc.: RRSP matching, Life/LT/ST Disability coverage, Weekly free lunch and healthy snacks, TouchTunes Culture Collective Community
Found at over 65,000 bars, restaurants and other social venues across North America and Europe, TouchTunes is bringing people together with fun, interactive music and entertainment solutions, enhancing the way people interact with each other and their environment. Our native mobile apps and jukes are seen and heard by millions daily across the TouchTunes network and community.
We firmly believe that our team should be as diverse as the music we listen to.
TouchTunes is a proud ally of QueerTech.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Something looks off?