Hotel Bell Attendant - Downtown Indianapolis
At Towne Park, it’s more than a job, you can make an impact.
A career with us is rewarding in more ways than one.
As a hospitality services company, our commitment is to create smiles by delivering exceptional experiences. When you work with us, you have an opportunity to impact the millions of patients, visitors and guests we proudly serve. Whether providing compassionate service that eases the anxiety of a patient and their family, creating a memorable experience for a guest in a new city, or helping a colleague, every day is a new opportunity to brighten someone else’s day and make an impact. When we see a customer, a client or one of our own team members smile, we know we made an impact. It’s why we do what we do.
Towne Park is a place where you can make a difference and create smiles every day.
Compensation: Towne Park is committed to offering competitive, fair, and commensurate compensation. Actual compensation will be based on a candidate’s job-related skills, experience, education or training, and location. The hourly base pay range for this position is $8-$10 per hour plus $12-$14 per hour in tips.
Work Schedule: The work schedule for this position fluctuates based upon availability. We are a 24/7 operation Monday - Sunday. For scheduling, we utilize 2 main 8-hour blocks being 7:00am - 3:00pm, 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 0.0192 hours of PTO per hour worked up to a maximum of 40 hours per calendar year. Employees accrue 0.02 hours of floating holiday per hour worked up to a maximum of 32 hours per calendar year.
Benefits: Employees are eligible to enroll in accident insurance, critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, and telemedicine benefits. Employees are also able to enroll in the company’s 401k retirement savings plan.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms.
Seasonal and temporary roles are not eligible for the paid time off and benefits outlined above.
The Bell Attendant is responsible for providing exceptional hospitality services to guests in an attentive, friendly and efficient manner. The Bell Attendant is also responsible for assisting hotel guests with luggage, including delivery and pick up of guest luggage during arrival and departure.
- Maintains pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all guests, co-workers, and clients. Acknowledges and greets guests within five feet with a professional and friendly demeanor. Uses guest last names during interactions. Uses salutation of the day and welcomes guests to the location. Practices proper Towne Park phone etiquette.
- Posts up in designated areas when not completing tasks. Conducts thorough room presentations for guests. Assists guests with room changes when needed. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the rooms, meeting facilities and public areas of the hotel.
- Opens all vehicle and hotel doors for guests. Assists guests with directions, taxis, reservations and all other inquiries. Provides information to guests about the hotel, meeting rooms, amenities, and main attractions in the area. Assists guests with transportation to off-site locations using only approved taxi cab or transport services.
- Correctly tags individual bags to be stored in the bell storage area. Assures all guests and luggage are safely transported to and from assigned destinations.
- Continually monitors and maintains cleanliness and order of guest services area. Delivers messages, items and/or guest amenities as requested.
- Completes all tasks in a timely manner as instructed by the Account Manager
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Required Licensure, Certification, etc.:
- Must complete the Wheelchair Safety Training course provided by Towne Park
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Must be able to read and write standard English language
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Must be able to write simple correspondence
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; ability to perform these operations using units of American money
- Ability to understand 24 hour and military time systems
- Ability to understand rates applicable to time passed