Lot Attendant ($17.50/hr, 8:30am-5pm) - Mass Eye & Ear
At Towne Park, it’s more than a job, you can make an impact.
A career with us is rewarding in more ways than one.
As a hospitality services company, our commitment is to create smiles by delivering exceptional experiences. When you work with us, you have an opportunity to impact the millions of patients, visitors and guests we proudly serve. Whether providing compassionate service that eases the anxiety of a patient and their family, creating a memorable experience for a guest in a new city, or helping a colleague, every day is a new opportunity to brighten someone else’s day and make an impact. When we see a customer, a client or one of our own team members smile, we know we made an impact. It’s why we do what we do.
Towne Park is a place where you can make a difference and create smiles every day.
Compensation: Towne Park is committed to offering competitive, fair, and commensurate compensation. Actual compensation will be based on a candidate’s job-related skills, experience, education or training, and location. The hourly base pay for this position is $17.50 per hour.
Work Schedule: The work schedule for this position is Mon-Fri & Weekends 8:30am-5pm.
Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 0.0192 hours of PTO per hour worked up to a maximum of 40 hours per calendar year. Employees accrue 0.02 hours of floating holiday per hour worked up to a maximum of 32 hours per calendar year.
Benefits: Employees are eligible to enroll in accident insurance, critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, and telemedicine benefits. Employees are also able to enroll in the company’s 401k retirement savings plan.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms.
Seasonal and temporary roles are not eligible for the paid time off and benefits outlined above.
The Lot Attendant is responsible for accurately collecting and reconciling revenue and parking reports while providing exceptional hospitality services in an attentive, friendly and efficient manner to all guests during their entire stay. The Lot Attendant is also responsible, when stacking is necessary, for properly parking and retrieving guest vehicles while exhibiting standards of exceptional customer service. The Lot Attendant, when required, is also responsible for upholding sites management teams parking policy and procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all functions.
Descriptive Statement(s) - % of Time
- Maintains pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all guests, location staff and co-workers. Acknowledges and greets guests immediately while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor. Uses guest last name at all times when appropriate.-15%
- Maintains accuracy and composure while under pressure. Appropriately uses salutation of the day and welcome guests to the location. Uses proper Towne Park phone etiquette. Assists guests with directions and all other inquiries. Stands while serving guests.- 15%
- Provides information about surrounding area as well as main attractions to guests as needed. Protects guest confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA requirements. Maintains the security of customer financial and identifying information.- 10%
- Stacks vehicles when necessary using Towne Park standards for parking. Properly secures keys for stacked vehicles. Promptly retrieves a stacked vehicle and drives slow and cautiously when delivering vehicle to the guest(s). Collects data in accordance with parking operations, if applicable.-20%
- Collects and reconciles revenue accurately; furnishes receipt upon request. Accurately categorizes tickets for audit purposes. Accurately completes shift report. Follows all bank standard operating procedures. Competently operates equipment (i.e., register, gate, POS, credit card machine, etc.).-20%
- Obtains information about daily events and rates to be charged. Secures guest keys immediately after each interaction. Maintains claim checks and guest folio archives. Produces guest vehicle inventory for billing purposes.-20%
The total amount of time for all functions of the job - 100%
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); OR
Required Licensure, Certification, etc.:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- One to three months related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of customer service
- Customer service experience preferred
- Register/Computer experience preferred
- Must be able to drive manual transmission and perform parallel parking
- Must be able to read and write standard English language
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Must be able to write simple correspondence
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance
- Ability to understand 24 hour and military time systems
- Ability to understand rates applicable to time passed
Authority to Act:
- Job is fairly routine. Incumbent follows established practices and procedures. Duties are performed with specific directions given and work is checked or verified on a frequent basis. Decisions are made within specific operational instructions and departmental guidelines. Errors in judgment could affect the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- The employee has control over resources available only
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and may be required to run; walk; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The majority of work will be performed outdoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift. Employees are subject to environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold weather. Protection from weather conditions may be provided, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Travel of up to 5% may be required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
I understand that every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that I will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment of the position. I accept that at any time there may be modifications or changes to the above job description.