Account Manager - Waldorf Astoria DC
At Towne Park, it’s more than a job, you can make an impact.
A career with us is rewarding in more ways than one.
As a hospitality services company, our commitment is to create smiles by delivering exceptional experiences. When you work with us, you have an opportunity to impact the millions of patients, visitors and guests we proudly serve. Whether providing compassionate service that eases the anxiety of a patient and their family, creating a memorable experience for a guest in a new city, or helping a colleague, every day is a new opportunity to brighten someone else’s day and make an impact. When we see a customer, a client or one of our own team members smile, we know we made an impact. It’s why we do what we do.
Towne Park is a place where you can make a difference and create smiles every day.
Compensation: Towne Park is committed to offering competitive, fair, and commensurate compensation. Actual compensation will be based on a candidate’s job-related skills, experience, education or training, and location.
Additional Compensation: Employees may be eligible to receive annual incentive bonuses depending on their job classification and the policy guidelines.
Benefits: Employees are eligible to enroll in medical, dental, and vision insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, and telemedicine benefits. Employees are provided company-paid basic life and AD&D insurance as well as short-term and long-term disability. Employees are also able to enroll in the company’s 401k retirement savings plan.
Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 0.0385 hours of PTO per hour worked up to a maximum of 80 hours per calendar year. Employees receive 6 paid holidays throughout the calendar year and employees accrue up to a maximum of 4 paid floating holidays per calendar year.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms.
The Account Manager directly oversees one Tier 1 or 2 Towne Park account and is responsible for account performance for financial, guest/patient satisfaction, and client satisfaction objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial and Business Systems Management
- Understands and drives business metrics and performance measurements to ensure effectiveness, high performance and compliance
- Demonstrates the ability to improve the financial performance and profitability of the account
- Understands the contractual agreement and recognizes ways to maximize opportunities
- Demonstrates the ability to positively move the metrics for forecasting, productivity, claims, customer service, and turnover
- Manages scheduling, overtime for associates under his/her direct supervision, tip reporting, and timekeeping
- Ensures that forecasts, payroll and accounting reports are on time and accurate
- Effectively utilizes standardized business systems as developed by Towne Park and ensures compliance with policies and procedures
- Is actively engaged in the recruitment and hiring processes to ensure the best people are selected for the location
- Fosters an environment that retains talented associates
- Responds proactively to associate feedback and suggestions, including satisfaction surveys and exit interviews
- Sees that new associates get off to the right start through proper orientation and on-the-job training
- Recognizes great performance and provides opportunities for top performers to learn and grow
- Recognizes where the team and individual performers need to improve and properly trains and coaches
- Identifies talent and helps develop future leaders for the organization
- Conducts regular performance appraisals and provides feedback and coaching for all direct reports
- Holds effective associate meetings and ensures that shift huddles happen on every shift
- Practices positive discipline and provides accurate and timely performance documentation
- Delegates by allocating decision making and other responsibilities appropriately and effectively
- Ensures that the guest/patient service experience is delivered consistently on all shifts
- Efficiently allocates labor resources to support service delivery
- Works with the Area/District Manager and Human Resources to forecast and plan for seasonal variances in business to ensure proper staffing levels
- Understands the client’s service standards and effectively integrates Towne Park’s standards to complement them
- Is knowledgeable of the client’s service metrics/measurements and ensures Towne Park is helping to drive results
Client Relations Management
- Develops cohesive working relationships with the clients’ staff members
- Maintains regular meeting rhythms and communication channels with the client and follows through on commitments
- Knows when to be present at the site and maintains a high level of visibility
- Understands what objectives are important to the client and ensures the entire team is focused on exceeding expectations
- Capitalizes on opportunities to grow Towne Park’s business by building client loyalty and creates a net promoter of Towne Park.
Systems and Standards
- Fully understands and utilizes the systems provided by Towne Park to control assets and expenditures
- Trains others or sees that they are trained to properly use the systems provided
- Maintains a clean, neat work environment
- Completes all tasks in a timely manner as instructed by the Area/District Manager
- Cooperates with management and coworkers to ensure that services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Treats clients and associates with courtesy, respect and dignity
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to associate and client information
Safety and Risk Management
- Understands and follows safety and security procedures
- Practices preventative safety procedures as set forth by Towne Park
- Reports all accidents and incidents to the Area/District Manager immediately
- Uses only equipment trained to use and operates all equipment in a safe manner
- Reports all potential high risk areas and safety concerns to the Area/District Manager
- Ensures all associates have been adequately trained in safety and loss prevention procedures
- Ensures claims are reported timely and accurately and cooperates with the Risk Management department to resolve claims
- Consistently follows the progressive disciplinary process to hold associates accountable for at-fault claims and safety violations
- Promptly responds to any concerns regarding workplace safety
- Follows the procedures for reporting on-the-job injuries and works with Human Resources to effectively manage worker’s compensation cases
- Adheres to Towne Park employment and payroll policies and procedures to limit exposure to employment claims and litigation
- Maintains relationships with present client to obtain references and leads for new opportunities
- Keeps leadership and sales teams advised on known changes to Ownership Groups/Management Companies or Brand changes
- Advises Leadership and Sales of any changes in position at the client location. Specifically, name, where they came from, where they are going
- Monitors existing client’s business in order to be aware of and report to Area/District Manager any construction, expansion, or changes in the current business that could lead to internal growth opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated work ethic, drive, energy, and persistence to achieve goals
- Ability to maintain stability, dependability and professionalism when faced with changing and difficult situations
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and various technology and point-of-sale applications
- Written and verbal communication skills to effectively address all levels within the organization
- Ability to represent the company effectively in a variety of settings with a demonstrated understanding and appreciation for diverse cultures
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business policies, procedures, equipment manuals, training materials, and corporate communications
- Ability to compose professional internal and external business communications including reports, memos, letters, and e-mails
- Associate’s degree and a minimum of two (2) years of related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Knowledge of general business practices including accounting, human resources and customer service
- Must be able to drive manual transmission
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background, MVR and drug screen
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate is regularly required to run; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Must be able to push and pull 75 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull (on wheelchair) 100 to 350 pounds frequently over considerable distances
- Working extended hours, including evenings and weekends are required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
I understand that every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that I will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment of the position. I accept that at any time there may be modifications or changes to the above job description.
I have read and understand the above job description. I acknowledge that all items are essential to the job. I understand what the job demands and I agree that I am able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.