Guest Service Captain - Mission Hospital PT/FT $19 - $19.57 /HR
At Towne Park, it’s more than a job, you can make an impact.
A career with us is rewarding in more ways than one.
As a hospitality services company, our commitment is to create smiles by delivering exceptional experiences. When you work with us, you have an opportunity to impact the millions of patients, visitors and guests we proudly serve. Whether providing compassionate service that eases the anxiety of a patient and their family, creating a memorable experience for a guest in a new city, or helping a colleague, every day is a new opportunity to brighten someone else’s day and make an impact. When we see a customer, a client or one of our own team members smile, we know we made an impact. It’s why we do what we do.
Towne Park is a place where you can make a difference and create smiles every day.
Compensation: Towne Park is committed to offering competitive, fair, and commensurate compensation. Actual compensation will be based on a candidate’s job-related skills, experience, education or training, and location. The hourly base pay range for this position is $19 - $19.57 per hour.
Work Schedule: The work schedule for this position is Monday - Friday
Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 0.0192 hours of PTO per hour worked up to a maximum of 40 hours per calendar year. Employees accrue 0.02 hours of floating holiday per hour worked up to a maximum of 32 hours per calendar year.
Benefits: Employees are eligible to enroll in accident insurance, critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, and telemedicine benefits. Employees are also able to enroll in the company’s 401k retirement savings plan.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms.
Seasonal and temporary roles are not eligible for the paid time off and benefits outlined above.
The Guest Service Captain orchestrates the service experience for hotel guests while working alongside coworkers to ensure that the site’s service standards are met or exceeded. Under the direction of the Account Manager, the Guest Service Captain has additional duties involving coordination and administration, as well as providing troubleshooting and/or guidance when the manager is not on-site. The Guest Service Captain is not a manager; however they may handle critical issues and may be required to make judgment calls when expediency is priority. When issues are not urgent, they report information to the manager, provide the facts of the matter and seek instruction for how to proceed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all functions.
Descriptive Statement(s) - % of Time
- Maintains a pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all guests, client staff members and coworkers. Acknowledges and greets guests within 30 seconds of arrival to create favorable first and last impressions. Effectively participates in “The Show” and delivers “Aggressive Hospitality” to guests. Addresses guests using the appropriate greeting for the site. - 20%
- Opens all vehicle and hotel doors for guests. Checks in arriving guests and explains vehicle parking and retrieval procedures. Runs at top speed to park and retrieve vehicles while driving slowly and cautiously. Maintains accuracy and composure while under pressure to effectively handle guest complaints and difficult situations. - 20%
- Uses proper phone etiquette. Posts up in appropriate areas when not assisting guests or completing other tasks. Conducts an effective room presentation when providing bell services for guests. Assists with the delivery and pick up of items to guest rooms. Assists guests with directions, taxis, reservations and other inquiries. Maintains a detailed knowledge of the client’s facility, including outlets, meeting rooms, amenities, main attractions in the area, parking rates, and other pertinent information. - 10%
- Promotes a teamwork philosophy through leading by example and effective communication skills. Leads the work group in delivering high levels of guest service. Appoints fellow associates to certain routine roles; Assigns coworkers to non-ordinary roles at the direction of the Account Manager. At the direction of the Account Manager, reduces staff during the work shift if business conditions dictate, using an approved method. - 15%
- Issues claim checks to guests only after receiving vehicle keys and collects vehicle claim checks from all guests prior to issuing keys. Completes ticket information including key tag, guest folio, and location of vehicle, damage surveys and claim check receipt for all vehicles taken into the valet system. Secures all keys on a belt clip or in a locked key box. - 15%
- Ensures staff are not providing “lift” services to any hotel or hospital guest, only offering a hand for assistance. Checks wheelchairs for safe operation prior to each use and cleans wheelchairs after each use. Protects guest confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA requirements. Maintains the security of customer financial and identifying information. - 10%
- Assists the Account Manager as needed to build work schedules and makes calls on behalf of the manager to notify fellow associates of schedule changes or openings. Identifies and collects revenue for all vehicles. Completes accurate cash drop slips and cash drop envelopes. Completes the shift report and other shift paperwork with detail and accuracy. Reconciles revenue and tickets at the end of every shift. - 10%
The total amount of time for all functions of the job - 100%
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Required Licensure, Certification, etc.:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background, MVR and drug screen
- Must complete the Wheelchair Safety Training course provided by Towne Park
- Six (6) months related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to drive manual transmission
- Must be able to speak, read and write Standard English language.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Must be able to write simple correspondence.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and associates
- Must be able to apply reasoning and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Mathematical Skills
- Must be able to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; must be able to perform these operations using units of American money
- Must be able to understand 24 hour and military time systems.
- Must be able to clearly understand rates applicable to time passed.
Authority to Act:
- Job is fairly routine. Incumbent follows established practices and procedures. Duties are performed with specific directions given and work is checked or verified on a frequent basis. Decisions are made within specific operational instructions and departmental guidelines. Errors in judgment could affect the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- The employee has control over resources available only.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and may be required to run; walk; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The majority of work will be performed outdoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift. Employees are subject to environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold weather. Protection from weather conditions may be provided, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Travel of up to 5% may be required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
I understand that every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that I will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment of the position. I accept that at any time there may be modifications or changes to the above job description.