Cashier, valet services - Hilton Downtown
At Towne Park, it’s more than a job, you can make an impact.
A career with us is rewarding in more ways than one.
As a hospitality services company, our commitment is to create smiles by delivering exceptional experiences. When you work with us, you have an opportunity to impact the millions of patients, visitors and guests we proudly serve. Whether providing compassionate service that eases the anxiety of a patient and their family, creating a memorable experience for a guest in a new city, or helping a colleague, every day is a new opportunity to brighten someone else’s day and make an impact. When we see a customer, a client or one of our own team members smile, we know we made an impact. It’s why we do what we do.
Towne Park is a place where you can make a difference and create smiles every day.
Compensation: Towne Park is committed to offering competitive, fair, and commensurate compensation. Actual compensation will be based on a candidate’s job-related skills, experience, education or training, and location. The hourly base pay range for this position is $13 per hour.
Work Schedule: The work schedule for this position is weekends, weekdays, holidays, all shifts.
Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 0.0192 hours of PTO per hour worked up to a maximum of 40 hours per calendar year. Employees accrue 0.02 hours of floating holiday per hour worked up to a maximum of 32 hours per calendar year.
Benefits: Employees are eligible to enroll in accident insurance, critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, and telemedicine benefits. Employees are also able to enroll in the company’s 401k retirement savings plan.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms.
Seasonal and temporary roles are not eligible for the paid time off and benefits outlined above.
The Valet Cashier is responsible for securing guest vehicle keys and accurately collecting and reconciling revenue while providing exceptional hospitality services in an attentive and friendly manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all functions.
Descriptive Statement(s) - % of Time
- Maintains pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all guests, co-workers, and clients. Acknowledges and greets guests within five feet with a professional and friendly demeanor. Uses guest last names during interactions. Uses salutation of the day and welcomes guests to the location.- 20%
- Practices proper Towne Park phone etiquette. Assists guests with directions, taxis, reservations and other inquiries. Provides guests with information about outlets, meeting rooms and/or amenities of the facility as well as main attractions in the area.- 10%
- Collects and reconciles revenue and furnishes receipts upon request. Accurately categorizes tickets for audit purposes. Completes accurate and detailed shift reports. Follows all cash bank standard operating procedures.- 20%
- Operates equipment, including register, gate, and credit card machine. Obtains information about daily events and rates to be charged. Identifies and collects revenue for overnight vehicles that have not been charged for parking. Maintains claim checks and guest folio archives. Produces guest vehicle key inventory for billing purposes. Pulls guest keys and places in pick up order.- 20%
- Maintains clean, neat work environment including all surrounding areas of cashier booth, parking areas, and trash receptacles. Completes all tasks in a timely manner as instructed by the Account Manager.- 10%
- Collects claim checks/tickets from all guests prior to issuing keys. Checks all keys for location of vehicle and damage surveys prior to securing keys- 20%
The total amount of time for all functions of the job - 100%
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Required Licensure, Certification, etc.:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- One to three months related customer service experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience without High School Diploma or GED
- Cashier/cash handling experience preferred
- Ability to understand 24 hour and military time systems
- Ability to understand rates applicable to time passed
- Must be able to read and write standard English language
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Must be able to write simple correspondence
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance
Authority to Act:
- Job is fairly routine. Incumbent follows established practices and procedures. Duties are performed with specific directions given and work is checked or verified on a frequent basis. Decisions are made within specific operational instructions and departmental guidelines. Errors in judgment could affect the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- The employee has control over resources available only.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and may be required to run; walk; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The majority of work will be performed outdoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift. Employees are subject to environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold weather. Protection from weather conditions may be provided, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Travel of up to 5% may be required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
I understand that every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that I will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment of the position. I accept that at any time there may be modifications or changes to the above job description.