Coffee Shop Attendant ($15.25 + tips)- Henrico Medical Center
At Towne Park, it’s more than a job, you can make an impact.
A career with us is rewarding in more ways than one.
As a hospitality services company, our commitment is to create smiles by delivering exceptional experiences. When you work with us, you have an opportunity to impact the millions of patients, visitors and guests we proudly serve. Whether providing compassionate service that eases the anxiety of a patient and their family, creating a memorable experience for a guest in a new city, or helping a colleague, every day is a new opportunity to brighten someone else’s day and make an impact. When we see a customer, a client or one of our own team members smile, we know we made an impact. It’s why we do what we do.
Towne Park is a place where you can make a difference and create smiles every day.
Compensation: Towne Park is committed to offering competitive, fair, and commensurate compensation. Actual compensation will be based on a candidate’s job-related skills, experience, education or training, and location. The hourly base pay for this position is $15.25 per hour plus tips.
Work Schedule: The work schedule for this position is M-F, 7am- 5:30pm.
Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 0.0192 hours of PTO per hour worked up to a maximum of 40 hours per calendar year. Employees accrue 0.02 hours of floating holiday per hour worked up to a maximum of 32 hours per calendar year.
Benefits: Employees are eligible to enroll in accident insurance, critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, and telemedicine benefits. Employees are also able to enroll in the company’s 401k retirement savings plan.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms.
Seasonal and temporary roles are not eligible for the paid time off and benefits outlined above.
The Coffee Shop Attendant ensures service standards are met and surpassed by creating a positive experience for the client by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all functions.
Descriptive Statement(s) - % of Time
- Ability to diagnose customer needs and recommend appropriate product or services. Creates satisfied customers and takes action to ensure satisfaction (e.g. speed, quality, etc.) Greets customers with a friendly smile, communicates in a positive and professional way that makes them feel appreciated. Actively solicits feedback and considers multiple perspectives when presenting ideas, making decisions or taking action. -30%
- Ability to build effective working relationships with peers, team and managers to accomplish store tasks and goals. Demonstrates sincere appreciation for others, and shows interest in what others have to say; actively listens and responds. Makes timely and effective decisions using a mixture of intuition, analysis, experience and judgment; demonstrates awareness of need, impact and potential risks. Works effectively with limited direction. Must possess optimism towards new programs and initiatives; genuinely looks for the positive value in change.- 25%
- Makes learning and personal development a priority. Understands personal strengths and opportunities and explores ways to improve on the job. Knows and leverages available resources to improve personal and store performance (e.g. store cleanliness manual, posted communications etc.). Recognizes potential problems before they become larger issues; solves problems effectively and follows-up on results.-10%
- Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact. Understands the importance of meeting store financial targets and individual impact on sales, revenue, cost/expenses; is fiscally responsible. Prepares and/or serves hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas. Routinely cleans and/or sanitizes work areas, utensils and equipment. Routinely removes and empties trash. Checks temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning. Restocks supplies when necessary and informs management when supplies are running low. Operates cash register. -35%
The total amount of time for all functions of the job - 100%
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Required Licensure, Certification, etc.:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen.
- One to three month(s) related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have previous customer service and cash handling experience.
- Knowledge of core products and processes in a coffee shop.
- Must be able to read and write standard English language
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Must be able to write simple correspondence
- Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
- Ability to understand 24 hour and military time systems
- Ability to understand rates applicable to time passed
- Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage many projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and understand policies, procedures, equipment manuals, training materials, and corporate communications.
Authority to Act:
- Job is fairly routine. Incumbent follows established practices and procedures. Duties are performed with specific directions given and work is checked or verified on a frequent basis. Decisions are made within specific operational instructions and departmental guidelines. Errors in judgment could affect the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- The employee has control over resources available only.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and may be required to run; walk; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The majority of work will be performed in climate-controlled environment, but may be exposed to inclement weather and varying degrees of temperatures on occasion.
Travel of up to 5% may be required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
I understand that every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that I will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment of the position. I accept that at any time there may be modifications or changes to the above job description.