Greeter ($18/hr) - Riddle Hospital
At Towne Park, it’s more than a job, you can make an impact.
A career with us is rewarding in more ways than one.
As a hospitality services company, our commitment is to create smiles by delivering exceptional experiences. When you work with us, you have an opportunity to impact the millions of patients, visitors and guests we proudly serve. Whether providing compassionate service that eases the anxiety of a patient and their family, creating a memorable experience for a guest in a new city, or helping a colleague, every day is a new opportunity to brighten someone else’s day and make an impact. When we see a customer, a client or one of our own team members smile, we know we made an impact. It’s why we do what we do.
Towne Park is a place where you can make a difference and create smiles every day.
Compensation: Towne Park is committed to offering competitive, fair, and commensurate compensation. Actual compensation will be based on a candidate’s job-related skills, experience, education or training, and location. The hourly base pay for this position is $18 per hour.
Work Schedule: The work schedule for this position is Mon-Fri & Weekends (AM or PM).
Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 0.0192 hours of PTO per hour worked up to a maximum of 40 hours per calendar year. Employees accrue 0.02 hours of floating holiday per hour worked up to a maximum of 32 hours per calendar year.
Benefits: Employees are eligible to enroll in accident insurance, critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, and telemedicine benefits. Employees are also able to enroll in the company’s 401k retirement savings plan.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms.
Seasonal and temporary roles are not eligible for the paid time off and benefits outlined above.
The Greeter Service Ambassador is responsible for welcoming and greeting patients to the facility in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner. The Greeter Service Ambassador is also responsible for assisting with patient and guest inquiries, directions, and initial questions regarding the facility or services. The Greeter Service Ambassador is also responsible for entering patient information into the hospital database accurately and protects patient privacy through following HIPAA standards. Computer skills and data entry are critical skills for this role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all functions.
Descriptive Statement(s) - % of Time
Maintains pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all Guest/Patients, co-workers, and clients. Acknowledges and greets Guest/Patients with a professional and friendly demeanor. - 25%
Demonstrates a willingness and ability to assist others. Monitors and responds to emergencies on a priority basis. Assists visitors with directions, information and other inquiries. - 25%
Enters confidential personal patient information into hospital database in order to register them for their service. Delivers messages, items and/or amenities as requested. Ensures that patient and business confidentiality is maintained at all times. - 25%
Helps to ensure a healthy and safe environment through the sanitization and light cleaning of personal work area using materials provided as needed. - 10%
Reports all accidents and incidents observed on shift to Manager immediately. Uses only equipment trained to use and operates all equipment in a safe manner. Is knowledgeable of hospital disaster codes and response plans. Follows client standard operating procedures for disaster codes and response plans. - 10%
Transports patients via wheelchair within the facility. - 5%
The total amount of time for all functions of the job - 100%
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Required Licensure, Certification, etc.:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen.
- One to three month(s) related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of equipment including telephones, codes and alarms, two-way radios, disaster phone, fire panel and surveillance system
- Ability to read, speak and write standard English language
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to understand 24 hour and military time systems
- Ability to perform general typing and and/or basic computer skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and remain calm in stressful situations
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must have familiarity with data entry
- Must understand phone etiquette
- Must understand HIPPA requirements as they pertain to handling sensitive patient information
- Customer service experience preferred
Authority to Act:
- Job is fairly routine. Incumbent follows established practices and procedures. Duties are performed with specific directions given and work is checked or verified on a frequent basis. Decisions are made within specific operational instructions and departmental guidelines. Errors in judgment could affect the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- The employee has control over resources available only.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and may be required to run; walk; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or greater than 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
The majority of work will be performed in climate-controlled environment, but may be exposed to inclement weather and varying degrees of temperatures on occasion.
Travel of up to 5% may be required.