Seasonal Associate Manager - Gaylord National Harbor
At Towne Park, it’s more than a job, you can make an impact.
A career with us is rewarding in more ways than one.
As a hospitality services company, our commitment is to create smiles by delivering exceptional experiences. When you work with us, you have an opportunity to impact the millions of patients, visitors and guests we proudly serve. Whether providing compassionate service that eases the anxiety of a patient and their family, creating a memorable experience for a guest in a new city, or helping a colleague, every day is a new opportunity to brighten someone else’s day and make an impact. When we see a customer, a client or one of our own team members smile, we know we made an impact. It’s why we do what we do.
Towne Park is a place where you can make a difference and create smiles every day.
Compensation: Towne Park is committed to offering competitive, fair, and commensurate compensation. Actual compensation will be based on a candidate’s job-related skills, experience, education or training, and location.
Additional Compensation: Employees may be eligible to receive annual incentive bonuses depending on their job classification and the policy guidelines.
Benefits: Employees are eligible to enroll in medical, dental, and vision insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, and telemedicine benefits. Employees are provided company-paid basic life and AD&D insurance as well as short-term and long-term disability. Employees are also able to enroll in the company’s 401k retirement savings plan.
Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 0.0385 hours of PTO per hour worked up to a maximum of 80 hours per calendar year. Employees receive 6 paid holidays throughout the calendar year and employees accrue up to a maximum of 4 paid floating holidays per calendar year.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms.
The Associate Manager is responsible for ensuring high levels of client, customer and associate satisfaction at a designated Towne Park location. Key responsibilities include managing the delivery of guest/patient services; hiring, training, evaluating and discharging associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; financial management and reporting; addressing customer complaints; and managing a minimum of two associates.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all functions.
Descriptive Statement(s) - % of Time
Ensures that the guest service experience is delivered exceptionally and consistently on all shifts. Sets a positive example for guest relations and empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. May perform guest/patient service duties including valet parking, bell services, and door services, as needed to achieve quality and service levels based on the working conditions and physical demands section of this job description. - 15%
Efficiently allocates labor resources to support service delivery and reduces staffing levels if business conditions dictate. Understands the client’s service standards and effectively integrates Towne Park’s standards to complement them to meet business demands and productivity goals. Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees. - 20%
Is actively engaged in the recruitment and hiring processes to ensure the best people are selected for the location. Responds proactively to associate feedback and suggestions, including satisfaction surveys and exit interviews. - 15%
Assists Account Manager in establishing guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Sees that new associates get off to the right start through proper orientation and on-the-job training. Recognizes great performance and provides opportunities for top performers to learn and grow. Recognizes where the team and individual performers need to improve and properly trains and coaches. Conducts regular performance appraisals, and provides feedback and coaching for all direct reports to include disciplinary and discharging when necessary. - 20%
Develops cohesive working relationships with the clients’ staff members. Maintains regular meeting rhythms and communication channels with the client and follows through on commitments. Knows when to be present at the site and maintains a high level of visibility. Understands what objectives are important to the client and ensures the entire team is focused on exceeding expectations. - 15%
Understands and drives business metrics for forecasting, productivity, claims, customer service, and turnover. Ensures all associates accurately identify and collect revenue for all vehicles. Ensures that shift reports, cash drops and other revenue reports are completed with detail and accuracy. Supervises the reconciliation of revenue and tickets at the end of every shift. Ensures that controls are in place for scheduling, overtime, tip reporting, and timekeeping. - 15%
The total amount of time for all functions of the job - 100%
- Associate’s degree or equivalent degree
Required Licensure, Certification, etc.:
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A minimum of one (1) year of related experience in hospitality
- Knowledge of Towne Park’s and site-specific preventative safety and security procedures
- Knowledge of Towne Park’s safe driving policies and procedures
- Knowledge of potential hot spot and accident reporting policies and procedures as set forth by Towne Park
- Knowledge of Towne Park’s equipment training, policies and procedures for use in a safe and efficient manner
- Knowledge of Towne Park’s claim check, ticketing and key box training, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Towne Park’s principles and processes for providing exemplary customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of customer confidentiality policies and procedures as set forth by Towne Park and/or HIPPA
- Knowledge of business writing, basic accounting and business metrics
- Knowledge of the client’s facility, including outlets, meeting rooms, amenities, main attractions in the area, parking rates, and other pertinent information.
- Must be able to drive manual transmission
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and various technology and point-of-sale applications
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and associates.
- Written and verbal communication skills to effectively address all levels within the organization
- Ability to represent the company effectively in a variety of settings with a demonstrated understanding and appreciation for diverse cultures
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business policies, procedures, equipment manuals, training materials, and corporate communications
- Ability to compose professional internal and external business communications including reports, memos, letters, and e-mails
- Ability to maintain accuracy and composure while under pressure to effectively handle guest/patient complaints and difficult situations.
- A proven track record of being courteous, having a sense of urgency, and maintaining a high level of safety
Authority to Act:
- Performs duties independently with minimal supervision. Make day-to-day decisions that impacts the operational and financial of the site(s); decisions may deviate from prescribed operating guidelines, policies and procedures. Mistakes/errors may result in work stoppage, loss of business, poor customer relations and/or damage to product, all of which can have negative financial implications for the organization.
- Includes the hiring of new or replacement associates, and discharging of associates not performing their job tasks properly and disciplining associates when necessary.
- The employee has control over resources available only.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and may be required to run; walk; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The majority of work will be performed in climate-controlled environment, but may be exposed to inclement weather and varying degrees of temperatures on occasion.
Travel of up to 10% may be required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
I understand that every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that I will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment of the position. I accept that at any time there may be modifications or changes to the above job description.