Parking Garage Maintenance Associate - RBC Gateway Garage
At Towne Park, it’s more than a job, you can make an impact.
A career with us is rewarding in more ways than one.
As a hospitality services company, our commitment is to create smiles by delivering exceptional experiences. When you work with us, you have an opportunity to impact the millions of patients, visitors and guests we proudly serve. Whether providing compassionate service that eases the anxiety of a patient and their family, creating a memorable experience for a guest in a new city, or helping a colleague, every day is a new opportunity to brighten someone else’s day and make an impact. When we see a customer, a client or one of our own team members smile, we know we made an impact. It’s why we do what we do.
Towne Park is a place where you can make a difference and create smiles every day.
Compensation: Towne Park is committed to offering competitive, fair, and commensurate compensation. Actual compensation will be based on a candidate’s job-related skills, experience, education or training, and location. The hourly base pay range for this position is $19 per hour.
Work Schedule: The work schedule for this position is day shift and evening shift.
Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 0.0192 hours of PTO per hour worked up to a maximum of 40 hours per calendar year. Employees accrue 0.02 hours of floating holiday per hour worked up to a maximum of 32 hours per calendar year.
Benefits: Employees are eligible to enroll in accident insurance, critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, and telemedicine benefits. Employees are also able to enroll in the company’s 401k retirement savings plan.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms.
Seasonal and temporary roles are not eligible for the paid time off and benefits outlined above.
The Maintenance Associate is responsible for the overall basic general cleaning of the common garage area while providing exceptional hospitality services in an attentive, friendly and efficient manner to all guests during their entire stay. The Maintenance Associate is also responsible for the basic and general upkeep of the garage facility equipment and common area waste receptacles.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all functions.
Descriptive Statement(s) - % of Time
- Cleanliness check each shift of all guest entrances/elevator landings in the entire garage. The check will include the emptying of all ash urns daily and trash receptacles at ½ full or higher and the sweeping of all litter and cigarette butts in the common landing area. When appropriate use a mop or power washer to eliminate any stains in the common area resulting from liquid spills .- 35%
- Wipe all signage and way finding material in the common area with the appropriate cleaning solutions and cloth. This is to include all pay on foot stations. Maintain a general cleaning of garage with the use of a mobile garbage can, broom and dustpan to include all areas around and between all vehicles of any debris to include cans, bottles, cups and/or any refuse left on the ground, ledges and walls. When appropriate use a paint safe solution or the power washer to eliminate any stains from all pillars and columns throughout the garage- 25%
- Wipe all signage and way finding materials located at all garage vehicular entrances and exits with the appropriate cleaning solutions and cloth. Wipe all equipment including gates, gate arms, card reading equipment and all attached signage with appropriate cleaning materials and cloth. Empty all returned guest key receptacles at each of the garage exits and return to the Towne Park MOD for return to the appropriate facility.-10%
- When appropriate, power wash any areas of the garage entrances and exits that need additional attention from the regularly scheduled maintenance. Assists guests with directions and all other inquiries. Stands while serving guests. Provides information about surrounding area as well as main attractions to guests as needed. Protects guest confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA requirements. Maintains the security of customer financial and identifying information.-20%
- In accordance with our contract(s) other areas in the work place may also require maintenance other than the garage and include expanded duties. * Remains attentive of all potential high risk areas for claims prevention. Reports all potential high risk areas and safety concerns to Account Manager and or Loss Prevention Officer. Competently operates equipment (i.e., register, gate, POS, credit card machine, etc.). Obtains information about daily events and rates to be charged. Wears proper equipment in accordance with the tasks being completed. (i.e., face mask when sweeping garages, etc.).-10%
The total amount of time for all functions of the job - 100%
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Required Licensure, Certification, etc.:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- One to three months related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of basic general cleaning
- Must be able to read and write standard English language
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Must be able to write simple correspondence
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other employees of the organization
- Ability to understand 24 hour and military time systems
- Ability to understand rates applicable to time passed
- Customer service experience preferred
Authority to Act:
- Job is fairly routine. Incumbent follows established practices and procedures. Duties are performed with specific directions given and work is checked or verified on a frequent basis. Decisions are made within specific operational instructions and departmental guidelines. Errors in judgment could affect the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- The employee has control over resources available only.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and may be required to run; walk; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The majority of work will be performed outdoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift. Employees are subject to environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold weather. Protection from weather conditions may be provided, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Travel of up to 5% may be required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
I understand that every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that I will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment of the position. I accept that at any time there may be modifications or changes to the above job description.