Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Looking for an innovative, high-growth company in one of the hottest segments of the security market? Look no further than Veracode!
Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based software security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes. Learn more about us at www.veracode.com!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has experience building cloud-native applications in an Agile environment. You will collaborate with the team and architects to validate technical requirements. You need in-depth knowledge and expertise to help achieve business objectives and drive positive customer outcomes. You have experience aligning technical direction, tools, and techniques with forward-looking business needs and technical strategy. You can manage strategic initiatives and projects while also teaching and mentoring individual contributors and teams in the organization.
What you will be responsible for:
- · Help to evolve architecture to solve for technical debt, support future needs, scale effectively, and continually meet/exceed SLAs.
- Guide best practices and approaches, and help to shape the engineering culture
- · Responsible for integration, testing, and deployment tasks.
- · Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- · Support the adoption of engineering best practices around testing, CI/CD, architecture, and automation.
- · Actively communicate and collaborate within the team and across functional boundaries.
- · Mentor and pair with others to accelerate their career growth and encourage them to participate
- · Challenges the team processes and operations, looking for ways to improve them.
Preferred skills and experience:
- · BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science with 5+ years’ experience required.
- · Experience working with AWS cloud products and services
- · Experience with popular open-source software such as Postgres &MongoDB
- · Experience with development frameworks such as Spring/Spring Boot Hibernate
- · Excellent organization skills and can multitask across teams, projects, and priorities, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- · Coding experience with .NET or Go
- · Experience integrating with various identity providers like GitHub or Google
- · Experience with CI/CD workflow
- · Experience working with modern package managers (npm, bundler, pip, etc.) and building systems (Gradle, Make, etc.)
- · Experience with GitOps practices
What we offer you
· Outstanding Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage to meet all your healthcare needs.
· Wellness benefits to help you focus on what’s most important.
· “Take What You Need” time off policy.
· Extensive development and training offerings to help you grow your career at Veracode.
· Generous 401k match to help save for your future.
· Amazing community of professionals who take pride in what we do every day.
In accordance with U.S. pay transparency laws, Veracode provides compensation transparency for roles based in the United States. Click here to view our compensation ranges by grade. Please note, specific compensation may be influenced by various factors including candidates experience, education, and work location.
Job Grade: Senior
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.