Director, Strategic Product Manager
Director, Strategic Product Management for Developer Experience
Looking for an innovative, high-growth company in one of the hottest segments of the security market? Look no further than Veracode!
Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes. Learn more about us at www.veracode.com!
Director, Strategic Product Management: you will own the product business planning, product life-cycle management, and product plan execution for a specific product in Veracode’s portfolio. You will assess the market and competitive landscape to develop an innovative, market differentiating product vision and strategy and that will solve problems for our customers. You will effectively communicate said product vision across functions to drive alignment and ensure delivery of business outcomes. You will serve as the stakeholder proxy to the Engineering team, helping our Agile delivery teams deliver features and functionalities aligned to a product road map. You will work together with other stakeholders to address internal and external workflows of the Veracode solutions, creating a strong user experience. You have excellent customer facing, Go to Market strategy experience, aligning with the Product vision.
Key Aspects of Role
- Work closely with GTM team to design the go-to-market strategy and product value proposition.
- Analyze relevant market, competitive, and buying trends to define attainable testing market share, growth, and profitability.
- Develop and own lean canvas, financial model and other key planning artifacts for your product area
- Partner closely with Eng, Arch to build roadmap and set priorities for team and estimate and size work and structure cross functional teams to align to capacity.
- Communicate across functions the product vision and strategy and ability to drive adoption to drive business outcomes.
- Ensure industry, technology, and market trends, as well as the evolving needs of the customer- are reflected in product roadmaps.
- Monitor achievement against forecast to identify and report KPIs.
- Establish credibility/rapport with senior executives and customers to provide feedback internally to drive product improvements.
- Manages the expectations of our clients and feedback to internal engineering teams to drive development and improvement.
- Collaborate with engineering, architecture and UX Design to support change, drive accountability and ensure alignment to the product being developed.
- Lead the PM adoption of Lean Agile PM practices and methodologies (e.g. TDD, pairing).
- Oversee the resolution of customer issues.
- Mentor and coach Technical Product Managers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with minimum 8 years experience working in high tech, software, or a SaaS provider
- Software Product Management experience
- Strong knowledge of application security
- Excellent customer facing experience, driving Go to Market strategy
- Experience in creating, delivering, and launching a product portfolio offering.
- Able to bring together and influence key partners in engineering, architecture, UX design on product roadmap features and timelines.
- Able to drive (through influence) product line execution to business outcomes (revenue/bookings).
- Able to launch new product capabilities, including collateral development, pricing, and packaging. Able to understand competitive threats within a product line and create mitigation plans.
- Strategic thinker able to implement change initiatives and drive business outcomes.
- Strong communicator across teams, partners and with customers to align others around product priorities, vision and road map deliverables.
- Experience in Agile development environments, with modern software delivery concepts (IDE, CI/CD, Lean XP, DevSec, DevOps)
- Extensive experience with Cloud Native Technologies
What we offer you:
- Outstanding Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage to meet all your healthcare needs.
- Wellness benefits to help you focus on what’s most important.
- “Take What You Need” time off policy.
- Extensive development and training offerings to help you grow your career at Veracode.
- Generous 401k match to help save for your future.
- Amazing community of professionals who take pride in what we do every day.
Fraudulent Recruitment Alert - Be Aware and Stay Informed
At Veracode, we prioritize a secure recruitment process. Unfortunately, fake recruitment and job offer scams are on the rise. They aim to deceive candidates through emails and calls to obtain sensitive information.
Here’s our recruitment promise to you:
- Comprehensive Interview Process: We never extend job offers without a comprehensive interview process involving our recruitment team and hiring managers.
- Offer Communications: Our job offers are not sent solely through email, and we will never ask you to pay for your own hardware.
- Email Verification: Recruiting emails from Veracode will always originate from an “@veracode.com" email address.