Senior Analytics Engineer
Senior Analytics Engineer
Looking for an innovative, high-growth company in one of the hottest segments of the security market? Look no further than Veracode!
Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes. Learn more about us at www.veracode.com!
As a Senior Analytics Engineer, you will harness your extensive data and business acumen to propel impactful projects to new heights. In this role, you'll be at the forefront of expanding a contemporary data platform, making a measurable difference in critical data applications. Your passion for data will be channeled into crafting and implementing solutions for complex business issues with both efficiency and innovation. Known for simplifying complex technical challenges, you will be instrumental in the deployment of forward-thinking solutions into the platform’s evolution.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate exceptional SQL capabilities across various systems, coupled with an in-depth understanding of relational databases and dimensional modeling.
- Lead the development of robust table designs and transformational logic, enhancing the data analytics organization’s capabilities.
- Create, refine, and manage data models, reporting systems, automated data processes, and performance metrics that guide strategic decisions.
- Identify valuable insights and integrate such findings to optimize business processes.
- Proactively drive the enhancement and expansion of our analytics platform.
- Work independently with a strong sense of ownership, showcasing excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Deliver precise estimates for development tasks, informing sprint planning and release schedules.
- Ensure the analytics platform is operationalized to meet all service level agreements.
- Maintain cutting-edge knowledge of software features and functionalities and integrate them into our platform as needed.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Operational Analytics in a SaaS environment.
- 7 years of experience with relational databases and sophisticated SQL queries.
- 5 years of expertise in data modeling.
- 2 years of experience with DBT for data transformation.
- 4 years of experience with Cloud Data Warehouses (AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Google BigQuery).
- 4+ years of experience with Analytics visualization tools (Looker, PowerBI).
- 3+ years in an agile software development environment.
- Self-motivated with a meticulous attention to detail.
- A drive to excel within a high achieving, tightly knit team.
- Excellent communication skills for translating business requirements into technical tasks.
- 2+ years of experience with Data Pipeline Tools (FiveTran, Airbyte).
- 2+ years of experience with analytics applications (Alteryx, Data Robot).
- Experience in applying machine learning techniques in cloud environments.
- Looker and DBT certification.
What we offer you:
- Outstanding Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage to meet all your healthcare needs.
- Wellness benefits to help you focus on what’s most important.
- “Take What You Need” time off policy.
- Extensive development and training offerings to help you grow your career at Veracode.
- Generous 401k match to help save for your future.
- Amazing community of professionals who take pride in what we do every day.
Fraudulent Recruitment Alert - Be Aware and Stay Informed
At Veracode, we prioritize a secure recruitment process. Unfortunately, fake recruitment and job offer scams are on the rise. They aim to deceive candidates through emails and calls to obtain sensitive information.
Here’s our recruitment promise to you:
- Comprehensive Interview Process: We never extend job offers without a comprehensive interview process involving our recruitment team and hiring managers.
- Offer Communications: Our job offers are not sent solely through email, and we will never ask you to pay for your own hardware.
- Email Verification: Recruiting emails from Veracode will always originate from an “@veracode.com" email address.