SLED Account Executive (Texas based)
Account Executive, SLED
Looking for an innovative, high-growth company in one of the hottest segments of the security market? Look no further than Veracode!
Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes. Learn more about us at www.veracode.com!
As Account Executive, SLED you are experienced in working directly with State, Local Government & Education (SLED) accounts, as well as the value-added reseller partners who work specifically in the SLED space. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of your assigned accounts, from prospecting to implementation of solutions, establishing Veracode and yourself as an IT Security trusted advisor, for State, Local, & EDU clients. This role will be based in territory and expected to travel as needed.
Key Aspects of the Role:
- Full sales cycle including outbound prospecting, building pipeline, and closing business with our largest strategic state & local government and education customers
- Creating and executing upon a strategic territory plan to attract and close business with new prospects, leveraging relationships with regional re-sellers, systems integrators, and technology partners when appropriate
- Accurately forecast and deliver a predictable sales cycle, and understand and engage with upper management to move forward at-risk deals
- Challenge, consult with and inspire our customers to think differently and beyond immediate needs while ensuring we deliver on them
- Participate in industry-leading events attended by innovative cutting-edge vendors and thought leaders
- Continuous sales training and Veracademy learning opportunities to further elevate your career
What you’ll need:
- A growth mindset with the curiosity to understand your customers problems and become their trusted advisor
- Goal-oriented, driven to exceed quota and benefit from lucrative accelerators
- Passion and commitment to security, motivated by the peace of mind we provide our customers
- Team player that wants to be part of an innovative, fast-paced company
- 8+ years of enterprise government Saas sales experience, identifying government budget funding, understanding of government contracts, and government go to market sales motions
- Solid understanding of government procurement processes, contracting vehicles, and distributed purchasing models
- Willingness to travel
What we offer you:
- Outstanding Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage to meet all your healthcare needs.
- Wellness benefits to help you focus on what’s most important.
- “Take What You Need” time off policy.
- Extensive development and training offerings to help you grow your career at Veracode.
- Generous 401k match to help save for your future.
- Amazing community of professionals who take pride in what we do every day.
In accordance with U.S. pay transparency laws, Veracode provides compensation transparency for roles based in the United States. Click here to view our compensation ranges by grade. Please note, specific compensation may be influenced by various factors including candidates experience, education, and work location.
Job Grade: P4
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Fraudulent Recruitment Alert - Be Aware and Stay Informed
At Veracode, we prioritize a secure recruitment process. Unfortunately, fake recruitment and job offer scams are on the rise. They aim to deceive candidates through emails and calls to obtain sensitive information.
Here’s our recruitment promise to you:
- Comprehensive Interview Process: We never extend job offers without a comprehensive interview process involving our recruitment team and hiring managers.
- Offer Communications: Our job offers are not sent solely through email, and we will never ask you to pay for your own hardware.
- Email Verification: Recruiting emails from Veracode will always originate from an “@veracode.com" email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter, or telephone communication claiming to be from Veracode, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action.