Wealth Enhancement Group
About Wealth Enhancement Group
Wealth Enhancement Group is a Greater Minneapolis-based independent wealth management firm offering comprehensive and customized financial planning and investment management services. Founded in 1997, Wealth Enhancement Group serves clients nationwide and continues to expand into new regions each year. Wealth Enhancement Group specializes in providing retail clients with the team-based expertise and resources they need to simplify their financial life.
Our purpose and mission is to work together to improve our clients’ lives by seeking to provide them the best possible financial advice. We are firm believers in the meaning behind teamwork. We share perspectives and explore every point of view, because the best ideas are born from collaboration. We constantly push ourselves and each other. We strive to be much more than your typical financial services firm. We strive to be the best.
Our Goshen, NY office is hiring a Tax Preparer who will support and deliver the timely and accurate processing of tax returns that are contracted through the WETCS department. They will work with WEG Advisors to promote the tax offerings with their clients.
Primary Job Functions
- File prep and coordination
- Maintain tax process work log
- Scan documents into DRAKE Tax software
- Scan or file documents (notices, e-mails, copy of mailing receipts)
- Initiate and complete the Service Agreement and Engagement Letter process including follow-up for new clients
- Managing the organize process (printing, collating, mailing, etc.)
- Manage client information in Drake Tax Software
- New client set up in Drake Document
- QuickBooks Accounting
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, including preparation of monthly customer invoices, processing and depositing customer payments (including credit cards), processing vendor invoices and investigating discrepancies, and maintaining customer and vendor accounts.
- Quarterly Payroll, including preparation of monthly/quarterly tax deposits, Quarterly Payroll Tax Returns, Yearly W-2s and 1099s.
- Banking, including preparing deposits and preparation of bank reconciliations for depository accounts.
- Reconciliations, including reviewing general ledger accounts for input accuracy and preparing journal entries, as needed.
During Tax Season
- Receive client tax documents, prep for scanning
- Scan tax docs using OCR software
- Update and manage tax workflow process
- Complete the tax return and e-Filing process
- Confirms the acceptance of the e-File, print, scan, and file in DRAKE document manager
- Prepare tax organizers for e-distribution to clients
- Provide tax planning for clients during off-season.
Education | Qualifications
- 5+ years as a tax administrator in a tax preparation business
- High School Diploma with PTIN a minimum
- 2 years office/administrative experience
- Detail oriented; ability to multitask and prioritize work flow and projects; able to work with deadlines and be flexible
- Professional interactions with internal departments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Adaptable to a matrix team environment
- Fluent in operation of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with DRAKE Tax software suite (preferred, but not required)
- Ability to work as a Team Member; positive solution-focused attitude
Should you need reasonable accommodation when completing the application form or during the selection process, contact the Human Resources Department at 763-417-1700
Information provided on this application will be kept confidential and only be shared with those involved in the selection process.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English