Tax Accountant - Hybrid
Wealth Enhancement Group
About Wealth Enhancement Group
Wealth Enhancement Group is an independent wealth management firm offering comprehensive and customized financial planning and investment management services. Founded in 1997, we now have over 90 offices nationwide and are rapidly expanding through organic growth and acquisition.
Our mission is to work together to improve our clients’ lives by providing them with the team-based expertise and resources they need to simplify their financial life. We share perspectives. We explore every point of view. We believe the best ideas are born from collaboration. And we’re looking for like-minded individuals to join our team.
Due to growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Tax Accountant to join a high performing team Orcutt, CA. This individual will support and deliver timely and accurate processing of tax returns that are contracted through the WETCS department. This role offers career growth and advancement potential, and the opportunity to be part of a supportive, collaborative team!! The role can be performed in a hybrid model, with a minimum of one day per week in the office.
The salary target for this role is $70-90k; this position is eligible for an annual/team bonus.
We select our initial compensation target using national compensation survey data. When we make an offer, we then factor in things like tenure, performance, and geographic location to come up with the most accurate numbers. We encourage you to apply and provide us with your compensation expectations when you do. We’re big on open conversations, so, let’s have one.
Primary Job Functions:
Tax Prep and Compliance
- Prepare tax returns, including related work papers; individual, Partnership, S-Corp, C-Corp, Trusts, Estates, Foundations, Payroll, Sales Tax and Foreign Reporting
- Maintain Fluency in all aspects of tax compliance
- Conduct Tax Research and Planning, including but not limited to CCH Intelliconnect, BNA projections, Special Research projects, Retirement Accounts recommendations and set up
- Respond to work with State and Federal Auditors
- Amend Tax Returns
- Review and respond to Tax Notices
Drive productivity | revenue increases
- Assist in the development of ongoing marketing plans
- Identify iterations in current applications to enhance productivity and timeliness
- Be prepared to join meetings ‘ad hoc’ to support tax work for IM teams
- Maintain relationships with IM teams and their shared clients and identify additional revenue opportunities for both teams
- Act as subject matter partner to internal support teams
- Develop and deploy training plans for non-tax staff as needed
- Train new staff on basic company policies and procedures
Continued Learning on relevant skills and trends | job knowledge
- Answer tax related questions and act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Partners and Planners
- Study and research current trends in industry
- Maintain fluency in all tax related software programs
Other duties as assigned
- Participate in offsite tax meetings
- Utilize region specific knowledge to drive targeted marketing messages
Education | Qualifications:
- BS in accounting or relevant
- 3-5 years in public accounting experience | tax
- CPA or EA preferred, not required
- Proficiency in Excel, ,ProSystem or Lacerte, Access Tax, Access Scan preferred
- Excellent financial acuity
- Strong project management skills with experience with large scale projects (conception through implementation)
Comprehensive Benefits Offerings
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. You may participate in the following benefits & development opportunities:
Training and professional development
Medical and dental coverage
401k – with match and profit sharing
Health care spending and savings accounts
Dependent care spending account
Wellness programs and resources
Life insurance – employer paid
Short-term and long-term disability – employer paid
Paid Time Off
10 paid holidays each year
Paid parental leave
Should you need reasonable accommodation when completing the application form or during the selection process, contact the Human Resources Department at 763-417-1700
Information provided on this application will be kept confidential and only be shared with those involved in the selection process.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English