VP of Sales
Sales & Business Development
Holmdel, NJ, USA
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
We’re looking for an experienced sales executive with a proven track record of growing high performance sales and account management teams that deliver results based upon superior sales execution. You have a track record of not only crafting sales plans that grow and retain existing strategic clients that mirror the company’s vision and expectations, but you have experience providing new ideas to help drive revenue and expand our footprint. The right candidate will be an experienced, data driven SaaS leader who can lead, scale and manage teams that are responsible to manage the company's top revenue clients via selling a range of solutions in a large, successful, and rapidly growing organization. You thrive on operational excellence, mentoring team members, building relationships, and are laser focused on preventing churn. To excel in this role, you must have a strong background and track record of collaboration, accountability, ownership, and operational excellence.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Align the sales organization’s objectives with business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning
- Uphold all sales processes and workflows
- Partner with Customer support, Implementation, and Operational teams to build a team approach to building long relationships with key C level executives at WorkWave’s top clients
- Provide oversight to sales management, ensuring the process, reporting and structure exists to reduce roadblocks and make it easier to sell, manage resources and monitor results. You are comfortable providing hands-on guidance as well as thinking big picture
- Mentor and coach within your team to ensure they are fostering a culture of coaching and mentoring to drive accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical selling
- Create a high performance environment where our teams are empowered to sell the right solutions to the right customers and accountable to hitting the targets
- Collaborate with customer success to help drive adoption and minimize customer churn; you will care about the entire client lifecycle
- Enhance and evolve sales management processes to optimize sales team execution. Meet or exceed budgeted MRR, bookings, and pipeline performance goals.
- Manage consistent pipeline and forecasting methodology, and report regularly to company leadership.
- Actively collaborate with Marketing on go-to-market strategy, messaging, and demand generation.
- Partner with product management and development teams to relay customer feedback in order to build and evolve WorkWave products in a way that meets the market needs and delights our customers
- Effectively engage in fostering strong relationships with our current and prospective customer
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 10+ years of experience in a fast-paced, high-growth SaaS software environment.
- 5+ years building, scaling and managing SaaS teams
- A track record of achieving and exceeding goals
- Smart, entrepreneurial profile with strategic vision and a strong bias to execute.
- Ability to recruit, train, and motivate top-tier sales and account executive talent.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to rapidly develop and cultivate relationships with peers, partners, and key influencers.
- Proven track record coaching managers on how to best hire, train, manage and develop top talent
- Created and refined sales playbooks, employee on-boarding programs and all other mechanisms that have turned your teams into word class sales organizations
- Comfortable strategizing and consulting with C-level executives; references are great
- Strong understanding of SaaS metrics
- Demonstrated track record of working in a rigorous, results-driven role that directly impacts the growth of a business
- Aggressive self-starter with strong relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Willingness to travel 10% to participate in executive sales presentations, tradeshows and corporate events
- Experience calling on major accounts and national accounts selling complex solutions
- Experience with building Salesforce automation
- Field service, mobile workforce and/or logistics experience is preferred but not required
A GLOBAL COMPANY WITH A LOCAL PRESENCE:
• We know that there are benefits of being in the office and working from home. WorkWave promotes a healthy work/life balance and provides employees with the flexibility of collaborating in the office or the option to work virtually if desired.
• We have employees in over 30 states, 7 countries and many regional offices - each with their own set of perks and opportunities to give back to the local community.
• Whether you work remotely or take advantage of one of our offices, you’ll find a community of WorkWavers that value diversity, and care deeply about our products, clients, our communities and each other.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, NO MATTER WHERE YOU DO IT:
• Our HQ is based at our state of the art home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey
• With everything you could find in a great downtown -- from restaurants and retail to art and culture the Bell Works “Metroburb” is a microcosm of innovation, possibility, and inspiration and WorkWave is proud to be a part of it
• Pharmacy, urgent care, bank, restaurants, florist, gym, dentist, outdoor patio bar and weekly farmers market all conveniently located on the first floor - making running errands on a break a breeze.
• We work hard but play hard too...need a break? When in the office kick back in our common area, play a game of arcade basketball, video games in our game rooms or face off in a ping pong match
• WORKING REMOTELY? Great! Our teams are well versed at working collaboratively in a fully virtual environment. We keep our offices available to all to use when working remotely isn’t feasible, or to help with cross training, team building and/or brainstorming.
RELAX, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
• Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental and 401k with company match
• Find your perfect work/life balance with our Flexible Time Off policy or generous PTO plan (role dependent) and paid holidays
• Tuition reimbursement
• Robust Employee Assistance Program through TotalCare offering free counseling 24/7/365, plus financial counseling, legal guidance, adoption assistance services and much more!
• 24/7 access to virtual medical care with Teladoc
• Quarterly awards based on peer nominations
• Regional discounts and perks
• Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
GROW WITH US:
• We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
• Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
• Our employees have access to extensive video libraries for soft skill and role specific training available 24/7 and live trainings are provided throughout the year
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
• 10 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz !
• WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine
• Recently named one of The Software Report's 3rd annual list of the Top 100 Software Companies of 2022 (worldwide!)
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status: Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At WorkWave, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you feel like you could make a great impact in this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
See more open positions at WorkWave
Something looks off?