Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
Holmdel, NJ, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Passionate about human resources and eager to join a consistently growing company that cares deeply about the employee experience? WorkWave is looking for a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to join our team.
WorkWave is the leading provider of cloud-based software solutions to pest control, lawn care, landscape management, and other green industries. Our special sauce is our team: We’re a group of makers, doers, creative thinkers, and hard workers, and we’re always looking for individuals who embrace those ideals to come and help us grow. When you become a part of this company, you’ll become part of a dynamic, friendly, fun, and forward-looking community.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Payroll Support and HRIS:
- Assist with maintaining up to date and accurate records within our HRIS and payroll systems.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and management.
- Perform administrative duties related to company benefit plans (core insurance plans, 401k, flexible spending accounts) such as reconciliation of accounts and timely vendor payments.
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll processing - ensuring calculations, deductions, and withholdings are accurate and consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Process wage and salary changes and payments associated with commission or incentive compensation plans.
- Handle time sensitive items related to wage garnishments, employment verification requests, staff department changes and pay rate changes.
- Perform updates to payroll-related information and data while managing the overall payroll workflow.
- Prepare reports for upper management, finance department etc.
- Collect and resolve payroll and benefits mail received from the New Jersey headquarters.
- Possess an expert level of knowledge as it relates to all Company benefits.
- Stay abreast of industry related trends, laws and changes related to employee benefits.
- Assist employees with understanding the organization’s benefit offerings.
- Serve as a liaison between the Company, Employees, Insurance Carriers and Brokers for such programs.
- Strive to ensure employee/family comprehension of the benefit programs through communication and counseling as situations arise.
- Perform other duties supporting all aspects of the HR Department.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1-3 years related experience
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent analytical, project management, and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent customer service skills - you understand the importance of providing exceptional service when employees reach out for assistance.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal persuasion/communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, set priorities in a fast paced environment- you understand what to prioritize and never miss a deadline.
- Ability to maintain an extremely high level of confidentiality.
- Advanced Excel skills with applied experience required.
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively across teams and collaborate with others.
- Understanding of FLSA regulations and experience evaluating jobs for exemption is a plus.
- High attention to detail.
- Exhibits good judgment and logical reasoning.
- Ability to travel to the Holmdel, NJ headquarters 2-3 times a week.
A GLOBAL COMPANY WITH A LOCAL PRESENCE:
• We know that there are benefits of being in the office and working from home. WorkWave promotes a healthy work/life balance and provides employees with the flexibility of collaborating in the office or the option to work virtually if desired.
• We have employees in over 30 states, 7 countries and many regional offices - each with their own set of perks and opportunities to give back to the local community.
• Whether you work remotely or take advantage of one of our offices, you’ll find a community of WorkWavers that value diversity, and care deeply about our products, clients, our communities and each other.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, NO MATTER WHERE YOU DO IT:
• Our HQ is based at our state of the art home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey
• With everything you could find in a great downtown -- from restaurants and retail to art and culture the Bell Works “Metroburb” is a microcosm of innovation, possibility, and inspiration and WorkWave is proud to be a part of it
• Pharmacy, urgent care, bank, restaurants, florist, gym, dentist, outdoor patio bar and weekly farmers market all conveniently located on the first floor - making running errands on a break a breeze.
• We work hard but play hard too...need a break? When in the office kick back in our common area, play a game of arcade basketball, video games in our game rooms or face off in a ping pong match
WORKING REMOTE? Great! Our teams are well versed at working collaboratively in a fully virtual environment. We keep our offices available to all to use when working remotely isn’t feasible, or to help with cross training, team building and/or brainstorming.
RELAX, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
• Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental and 401k with company match
• Find your perfect work/life balance with our Flexible Time Off policy or generous PTO plan (role dependent) and paid holidays
• Tuition reimbursement
• Robust Employee Assistance Program through TotalCare offering free counseling 24/7/365, plus financial counseling, legal guidance, adoption assistance services and much more!
• 24/7 access to virtual medical care with Teladoc
• Quarterly awards based on peer nominations
• Regional discounts and perks
• Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
GROW WITH US:
• We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
• Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
• Our employees have access to extensive video libraries for soft skill and role specific training available 24/7 and live trainings are provided throughout the year
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
• 10 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz !
• WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine
• Recently named one of The Software Report's 3rd annual list of the Top 100 Software Companies of 2022 (worldwide!)
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status: Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At WorkWave, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you feel like you could make a great impact in this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
WorkWave supports salary transparency, however please note that salary estimates provided by websites (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) and not by WorkWave may not accurately reflect the actual salary range for the position.