Senior Human Resources Generalist
People & HR
Holmdel, NJ, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist will help guide and assist with all aspects of Human Resources at WorkWave. This role will provide corporate wide human resources support in a variety of functional areas and be flexible to changing priorities and able to adapt to the needs of the business.
Why work for WorkWave? WorkWave is unique in that it has a large, established base of loyal customers but also has enormous growth opportunities in multiple areas. We provide SaaS solutions for businesses in the service industry (HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical, Cleaning, Lawn & Landscape, Home Delivery, Logistics & Distribution). We empower these businesses to deliver exceptional customer experiences and grow their customer base on our efficient and easy-to-use platform.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Serve as a liaison to and is responsible for assisting department managers, employees and potential employees with all aspects of human resources including on-boarding/off-boarding, employee relations, leaves of absences and accommodation requests
- With a strong customer contact and service focus, performs support functions that may include entering employee data, processing new hires
- Helps manage day to day internal human resources issues by identifying needs, providing solutions, and setting and managing internal employee expectations through effective communications
- Timely responds to HR-related queries within the company
- Monitors and supports all leaves of absence programs and accommodation requests
- Leads and conducts employment investigations, as needed
- Guide and advise leadership through performance management of employees
- Handle time sensitive items related to employee relations
- Possess an advanced level of employment law knowledge
- Stay abreast of industry related trends, laws and changes related to employment guidelines
- Perform other duties supporting all aspects of the HR Department
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Excellent analytical, project management, and problem resolution skills
- Excellent customer service skills - you understand the importance of providing exceptional service when employees reach out for assistance
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal persuasion/communication skills
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, set priorities in a fast paced environment- you understand what to prioritize and never miss a deadline
- Ability to maintain an extremely high level of confidentiality
- Advanced Excel skills with applied experience required
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce is a plus
- Ability to work effectively across teams and collaborate with others
- Understanding of FLSA regulations and experience evaluating jobs for exemption is a plus
- High attention to detail
- Exhibits good judgement and logical reasoning
- Experience in corporate and call center work environments is a plus
- 4-7 years related experience.
A GLOBAL COMPANY WITH A LOCAL PRESENCE:
• We know that there are benefits of being in the office and working from home. WorkWave promotes a healthy work/life balance and provides employees with the flexibility of collaborating in the office or the option to work virtually if desired.
• We have employees in over 30 states, 7 countries and many regional offices - each with their own set of perks and opportunities to give back to the local community.
• Whether you work remotely or take advantage of one of our offices, you’ll find a community of WorkWavers that value diversity, and care deeply about our products, clients, our communities and eachother.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, NO MATTER WHERE YOU DO IT:
• Our HQ is based at our state of the art home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey
• With everything you could find in a great downtown -- from restaurants and retail to art and culture the Bell Works “Metroburb” is a microcosm of innovation, possibility, and inspiration and WorkWave is proud to be a part of it
• Pharmacy, urgent care, bank, restaurants, florist, gym, dentist, outdoor patio bar and weekly farmers market all conveniently located on the first floor - making running errands on a break a breeze.
• We work hard but play hard too...need a break? When in the office kick back in our common area, play a game of arcade basketball, video games in our game rooms or face off in a ping pong match
• Great! Our teams are well versed at working collaboratively in a fully virtual environment. We keep our offices available to all to use when working remotely isn’t feasible, or to help with cross training, team building and/or brainstorming.
RELAX, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
• Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental, generous paid time off and 401(k) with company match
• Tuition reimbursement
• Robust Employee Assistance Program through TotalCare offering free counselling 24/7/365, plus financial counselling, legal guidance, adoption assistance services and much more
• 24/7 access to virtual medical care with Teledoc
• Floating time off for holidays and/or your birthday
• Quarterly awards based on peer nominations
• Regional discounts and perks
• Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
GROW WITH US:
• We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
• Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
• Our employees have access to extensive video libraries for soft skill and role specific training available 24/7 and live trainings are provided throughout the year
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
• 10 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz!
• WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine
• Recently named one of The Software Report's 3rd annual list of the Top 100 Software Companies of 2022 (worldwide!)
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status:
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification
At WorkWave, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you feel like you could make a great impact in this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
WorkWave supports salary transparency, however please note that salary estimates provided by websites (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) and not by WorkWave may not accurately reflect the actual salary range for the position.
See more open positions at WorkWave
Something looks off?