Junior IT Administrator
Holmdel, NJ, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
***Must be able to commute to our Holmdel, NJ location, as we cannot consider out of state applicants for this role***
Do you want to be part of a company that is changing the way field service companies, large and small, are using cloud technology to deliver better, faster, cheaper service to their customers? Do you have a service-oriented mindset and the ability to solve challenging technical problems? Then this position may be for you!
We are looking for an IT Administrator to join our Information Technology team to support our local and remote technology services. You’ll be the first point of contact for users seeking local and remote technical support. You’ll play a key role on our team -- specifically, you'll share in the following responsibilities:
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage a queue of technical support requests (IT issues, onboarding/offboarding, license management, access requests and system administration), including updates, status resolution and closure
- Troubleshoot and resolve desktop computer, networking and other common IT issues
- Triage tickets and re-assign or escalate to appropriate teams
- New hire IT hardware, account and software setup and user off boardings
- Asset Management
- Administer software vendor tools: licensing, user management, configuration, etc.
- Create and maintain IT knowledge base documentation
- Continuously improve operational processes, including troubleshooting methods, software configurations and automation tools to make you and your team more efficient
- ON-Call support
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Excellent communications skills and professionalism
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- 1 year working in a Tier 1 or 2 help desk environment
- Ability to independently triage and prioritize your work
- A desire to continually evaluate, learn and adopt new technologies
- Scripting in one or more languages, such as PowerShell is a plus
- You should also have a technical degree or equivalent experience in Information Systems and Technology
- For this role the ability to work 3 days per week on location from our Holmdel, NJ HQ is required
- There is a requirement for ON-Call support which will require traveling into the office for emergencies
Currently not accepting candidates located in NY for this position.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US:
• We are laid back but buttoned up. We offer a casual work environment and remote work flexibility and have a passion for developing creative, innovative best in class solutions that directly contribute to the success of our customers
• We care deeply and deliver service and solutions that make a real difference in the lives of our clients and their businesses
• We openly accept others as they are and build strong partnerships based on trust
• Teamwork and collaboration is key to help our colleagues and customers solve their challenges
• Our team is energetic, fun, naturally inquisitive and eager to make an impact, we invite you to join us!
A GLOBAL COMPANY WITH A LOCAL PRESENCE:
• We know that there are benefits of being in the office and working from home. WorkWave promotes a healthy work/life balance and provides employees with the flexibility of collaborating in the office or the option to work virtually if desired.
• We have employees in over 30 states, 7 countries and many regional offices - each with their own set of perks and opportunities to give back to the local community.
• Whether you work remotely or take advantage of one of our offices, you’ll find a community of WorkWavers that value diversity, and care deeply about our products, clients, our communities and each other.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, NO MATTER WHERE YOU DO IT:
• Our HQ is based at our state of the art home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey
• With everything you could find in a great downtown -- from restaurants and retail to art and culture the Bell Works “Metroburb” is a microcosm of innovation, possibility, and inspiration and WorkWave is proud to be a part of it
• Pharmacy, urgent care, bank, restaurants, florist, gym, dentist, outdoor patio bar and weekly farmers market all conveniently located on the first floor - making running errands on a break a breeze.
• We work hard but play hard too...need a break? When in the office kick back in our common area, play a game of arcade basketball, video games in our game rooms or face off in a ping pong match
WORKING REMOTE? Great! Our teams are well versed at working collaboratively in a fully virtual environment. We keep our offices available to all to use when working remotely isn’t feasible, or to help with cross training, team building and/or brainstorming.
RELAX, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
• Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental and 401k with company match
• Find your perfect work/life balance with our Flexible Time Off policy or generous PTO plan (role dependent) and paid holidays
• Up to 4 weeks paid bonding leave
• Free subscription to the Calm App for you and up to 4 dependents!
• Tuition reimbursement
• Robust Employee Assistance Program through TotalCare offering free counseling 24/7/365, plus financial counseling, legal guidance, adoption assistance services and much more!
• 24/7 access to virtual medical care with Teladoc
• Quarterly awards based on peer nominations
• Regional discounts and perks
• Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
GROW WITH US:
• We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
• Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
• Our employees have access to extensive video libraries for soft skill and role specific training available 24/7 and live trainings are provided throughout the year
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
• 10 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz!
• WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine
• Recently named one of The Software Report's 3rd annual list of the Top 100 Software Companies of 2022 (worldwide!)
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status: Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At WorkWave, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you feel like you could make a great impact in this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
WorkWave supports salary transparency, however please note that salary estimates provided by websites (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) and not by WorkWave may not accurately reflect the actual salary range for the position.