Trade Show Coordinator
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2023
Workwave is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Trade Show Coordinator to join our team. This is an entry-level position, perfect for recent graduates or individuals looking to start their career in event planning. The Trade Show Coordinator will support the Events team in planning and executing various events, including trade shows and webinars.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assist in planning assigned trade shows, including preparing staff and travel, show rentals and shipments.
- Work independently on marketing webinars, creating the program on GoToWebinar, blocking staff calendars, project managing timelines and tech checks.
- Assist in our yearly customer user conference with registration updates, customer service inquiries and shipments.
- Research and order swag, giveaways, and manage online inventory.
- Vet industry trade shows and recommend involvement.
- Provide administrative support to the marketing team as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in event planning, hospitality management, or a related field preferred.
- Strong desire to develop a lasting career in event coordination and management.
- 0-2 years of experience in event coordination with a strong will to learn trade shows.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to follow process documents.
- Proficient in event and project management software such as Google Suites, Cvent, GoToWebinar and ClickUp; or willing to learn.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot quickly.
- Travel to events (2-4 per year) and work flexible hours while onsite.
A FEW WORDS FROM THE HIRING MANAGER:
“We are looking for a self-starter with a passion for event planning who is excited for the opportunity to learn the industry. The ideal candidate will be driven to learn event and project management systems, organized, and a team player. Our team is pivotal in project managing events and marketing projects, and creating impactful and memorable experiences. We are looking for someone who shares our commitment to quality, and comes with a positive attitude.”
A GLOBAL COMPANY WITH A LOCAL PRESENCE:
• We know that there are benefits of being in the office and working from home. WorkWave promotes a healthy work/life balance and provides employees with the flexibility of collaborating in the office or the option to work virtually if desired.
• We have employees in over 30 states, 7 countries and many regional offices - each with their own set of perks and opportunities to give back to the local community.
• Whether you work remotely or take advantage of one of our offices, you’ll find a community of WorkWavers that value diversity, and care deeply about our products, clients, our communities and each other.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, NO MATTER WHERE YOU DO IT:
• Our HQ is based at our state of the art home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey
• With everything you could find in a great downtown -- from restaurants and retail to art and culture the Bell Works “Metroburb” is a microcosm of innovation, possibility, and inspiration and WorkWave is proud to be a part of it
• Pharmacy, urgent care, bank, restaurants, florist, gym, dentist, outdoor patio bar and weekly farmers market all conveniently located on the first floor - making running errands on a break a breeze.
• We work hard but play hard too...need a break? When in the office kick back in our common area, play a game of arcade basketball, video games in our game rooms or face off in a ping pong match
WORKING REMOTE? Great! Our teams are well versed at working collaboratively in a fully virtual environment. We keep our offices available to all to use when working remotely isn’t feasible, or to help with cross training, team building and/or brainstorming.
RELAX, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
• Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental and 401k with company match
• Find your perfect work/life balance with our Flexible Time Off policy or generous PTO plan (role dependent) and paid holidays
• Tuition reimbursement
• Robust Employee Assistance Program through TotalCare offering free counseling 24/7/365, plus financial counseling, legal guidance, adoption assistance services and much more!
• 24/7 access to virtual medical care with Teladoc
• Quarterly awards based on peer nominations
• Regional discounts and perks
• Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
GROW WITH US:
• We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
• Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
• Our employees have access to extensive video libraries for soft skill and role specific training available 24/7 and live trainings are provided throughout the year
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
• 10 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz!
• WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine
• Recently named one of The Software Report's 3rd annual list of the Top 100 Software Companies of 2022 (worldwide!)
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status: Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At WorkWave, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you feel like you could make a great impact in this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
WorkWave supports salary transparency, however please note that salary estimates provided by websites (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) and not by WorkWave may not accurately reflect the actual salary range for the position.