Cloud Computing Leader
Zifo RnD Solutions
Technology Lead – System Development
Location: Chicago (preferred)
**on site approx. 3 days / week**
Curious about your responsibilities?
- Serve as the senior technical lead and principal designer for application development and implementation efforts.
- Provide comprehensive consultation to business units and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming and process implementation for diverse development platforms and computing environments (e.g., host-based, distributed systems, client-server, software, hardware, technologies, and tools, etc.).
- Responsible for translating functional specifications into application design specifications, including but not limited to creating application architectures, hardware and software configuration specifications, relational database schemas, and component/class specifications.
- Interact closely with the Business Systems Analysts, the client user community, IT management, and staff to identify technical solutions or a combination of available alternatives.
- Coordinates and facilitates application design sessions with development staff.
- Reviews all technical aspects of a software implementation effort, including monitoring technical deliverables for consistency and quality.
We are curious about YOU!
We get excited about Technology Leads who:
- Demonstrate proactive, positive, and open communication to promote a productive, team-oriented work environment
- Execute all assigned project tasks and responsibilities, considering all activities and deliverables' quality, completeness, and timeliness.
- Modify behavior and priorities to respond effectively to changes in the work environment or assigned activities.
- Understand the current and future business processes.
- Think globally to ensure the overall technical solution integrity and vision for the project, considering new possibilities for technical solutions.
A successful Zifo-ite is:
- Independent, Self-Motivated & Results driven
- Willing & able to quickly acquire new Technical Skills & Business Principles
- A critical thinker who possesses logical reasoning
- Curious and always looking for creative solutions to complex problems
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 8 years of continuous, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six-year expertise in application development using structured methodologies or its equivalent in education and work experience (total combined experience: 8 -12 years).
- In-depth knowledge of systems development life cycle, client area's functions and systems, and technological alternatives in application design and development.
- Working Knowledge in n-tier application architecture, COTS (vendor application), and SaaS models with interfaces; web service integration.
- Solid understanding of programming languages (Python & Java).
- Experience in system development, configuration, implementation, and support
- Experience working with and applying best practice design patterns for system integrations.
- Strong ability to analyze the overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software requirements, and identify solutions for solving technical problems.
- Competency in working at the highest level of system modeling and implementation phases.
- Knowledge of different database types (Oracle, NoSQL, and distributed storage environments)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (Development Operations) methods and DevOps capabilities.
- Cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Azure) methods/capabilities, including container technologies and Linux Administration
- Understanding of IaaC (Infrastructure as Code) – Terraform and Cloud formation.
- Experience working with Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) products. Experience in implementing and deploying COTS software.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical ability, leadership skills, judgment, and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management, and staff.
- Lead the design and development of technical work products and provide technical direction in all phases and streams of activity within the project lifecycle.
- Experience in making presentations
What we bring to the table:
CURIOSITY DRIVEN, SCIENCE FOCUSED, EMPLOYEE BUILT. Our culture is unlike any other, one where we debate, challenge ourselves, and interact with all alike. We are a curious bunch, characterized by our passion to learn and spirit of teamwork. Zifo is a global R&D solutions provider focused on the industries of Pharma, Biotech, Manufacturing QC, Medical Devices, specialty chemicals and other research-based organizations. Our team’s knowledge of science and expertise in technology help Zifo better serve our customers around the globe, including 7 of the Top 10 Biopharma companies.
We look for Science – Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Technology, Biomedical Engineering, Microbiology etc. We possess scientific and technical knowledge and bear professional and personal goals. While we have a “no doors” policy to promote free access within, we do have a tough door to walk in. We search with a two-point agenda – technical competency and cultural adaptability.
We offer a competitive compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company matching, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
If you share these sentiments and are prepared for the atypical, then Zifo is your calling!
Zifo is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.