Head of Data Science - North America
Zifo RnD Solutions
Location: North America (Cambridge, MA or Raleigh Durham, NC preferred)
Zifo enables global Life Science organizations to accelerate the discovery and manufacture of new therapeutics. As a leading scientific informatics services provider, we actively work to help our customers digitize their data landscape. We achieve this through deep understanding of science, expertise in Digital and Data Technologies and experience with leading industry standards and best practices.
Zifo’s Innovation Services practice focuses on Big Data Management, Data Engineering, Semantic Modelling, Analytics & Machine Learning. The Head of Data Sciences is responsible for growing and evolving the practice into a key offering within Zifo’s Digital Services portfolio. You will lead a team of talented Zifo Data Scientists in helping our customers build their future Data Sciences landscape
- Grow Zifo’s Data science practice in North America (NA) into a key offering in Zifo’s portfolio
- Own NA Data Science practice’s targets on Strategy, Growth & Productivity
- Meet and engage with Zifo’s customers and build a productive relationship
- Build synergetic relationship w key Zifo leaders in Commercial and Delivery teams
- Collaborate with Business Development team to Identify and develop new customers
- Identify and build synergetic relationship with leading Data science vendors
- Foster an aspirational working culture within Data Science team
- Lead Zifo responses to Customers on Data Science engagements
- Help develop artifacts & best practices to mature the practice business and operations
- Be the guardian of Zifo culture and principles for the NA Data Science organization
- Train, mentor, and guide Zifo team members
- Hands-On involvement as Subject Matter Expert for critical engagements (where required)
Core expertise required to succeed in the role
- Proven experience with building and growing an organization
- Strong nurturing and team enablement skills
- Ability to navigate and thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience with managing strategic and organizational level initiatives
- Proven experience with executing a global service delivery organization
- At ease with Problem Solving, Analytical Thinking and Decision Making in real-time
- Experience with Change Management aspects of Technology transformation with large organizations
- Experienced in Business Development and Customer Success
- Connected with leading solution providers and technology leaders in the industry
- Solid Understanding of Data science trends and needs around Data modeling, engineering, analytics, and visualization
- Plugged-in to emerging commercial and open-source technologies & solutions
- Proven Experience with designing enterprise data sciences infrastructure & and deploying ML models
It is nice if you have:
- Experience working with organizations in the Life Science space
- Experience with leading Scientific Informatics platforms and data
- Solid understanding of mathematical concepts, statistical techniques & ML algorithms
- Background in Chemistry or Biology
- Experience with Regulatory and Compliance requirements for R&D
In addition to the technical skills, you will also need to bring the following skills:
- Curiosity to learn and passion to join the vanguard driving evolution in Scientific Informatics
- A passion for ensuring customers (new and existing) have an amazing experience when they interact with Zifo
- Able to relay, complex information in simple terms to internal, partner and customer stakeholders with various levels of technical knowledge
- Confident and effective in communicating across teams, management tiers and with customers both in writing and verbally
CURIOSITY DRIVEN, SCIENCE FOCUSED, EMPLOYEE BUILT. Our culture is unlike any other, one where we debate, challenge ourselves, and interact with all alike. We are a curious bunch, characterized by our passion to learn and spirit of teamwork. Zifo is a global R&D solutions provider focused on the industries of Pharma, Biotech, Manufacturing QC, Medical Devices, specialty chemicals and other research-based organizations. Our team’s knowledge of science and expertise in technology help Zifo better serve our customers around the globe, including 7 of the Top 10 Biopharma companies.
We look for Science – Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Technology, Biomedical Engineering, Microbiology etc. We possess scientific and technical knowledge and bear professional and personal goals. While we have a “no doors” policy to promote free access within, we do have a tough door to walk in. We search with a two-point agenda – technical competency and cultural adaptability.
We offer a competitive compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company matching, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
If you share these sentiments and are prepared for the atypical, then Zifo is your calling!
Zifo is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.