Zifo RnD Solutions
Waukegan, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2023
- Manage n-tier application architecture, COTS (vendor application) and SaaS models with interfaces; web service integration; solid understanding of a programming/scripting language (e.g., Java).
- Work with and apply best practice design patterns for system integrations; analyze overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software requirements, and identify solutions for solving technical problems. Knowledge of different database types, e.g. relational, NoSQL, and distributed storage environments.
- Oversee and assist with Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (Development Operations) methods.
- Cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Azure) methods/capabilities, including container technologies.
- Work with Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) products - implement and deploy COTS software used in life science space.
- Senior technical lead and principal designer for application development or package selection and implementation efforts - at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six year experience in application development using structured methodologies, or its equivalent in education and work experience (total combined experience 8 -12 years).
- The candidate needs to be proficient with the Java programming language and with how Java-based applications are designed. A majority of applications we deploy are written in the Java language, so this is a requirement.
- A majority of the server-side operating environment is the Linux operating system, so being proficient with Linux at a basic-to-intermediate level is a requirement. Java deployed on Linux is a very common application paradigm.
- Provide comprehensive consultation to business units and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming and process implementation for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g. host based, distributed systems, client server, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.).
- Responsible for translating functional specifications into application design specifications, including but not limited to the creation of application architectures, hardware and software configuration specifications, relational database schemas, and component/class specifications.
- Interact closely with the Business Systems Analysts, the client user community, and IT management and staff to identify technical solutions, or a combination of available alternatives.
- Coordinate and facilitate application design sessions with development staff.
- Review all technical aspects of a software implementation effort, including the monitoring of technical deliverables for consistency and quality.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and technological alternatives in application design and development.
- Must be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of system modeling and implementation.
- Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, leadership skills, judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- Demonstrate proactive, positive, and open communication to promote a productive, team-oriented work environment
- Execute all assigned project tasks and responsibilities with consideration to the quality, completeness, and timeliness of all activities and deliverables.
- Modify behavior and priorities to respond effectively to changes in work environment or assigned activities.
- Understand the current and future business process.
- Lead the design and development of technical work products and provide technical direction in all phases and streams of activity within the project lifecycle.
- Think globally to ensure the overall technical solution integrity and vision for the project, considering new possibilities for technical solutions.
- Follow appropriate standards, processes and procedures, industry best practices (i.e., system architecture designs, and technical “sphere of influence”.)
- Experience in making presentations