Senior Data Modeler
Zifo RnD Solutions
Data Modeller (Senior Consultant)
Does the prospect of combining data, cloud, and technology transformation to help BioPharma customers become data-driven cloud-native, digital enterprises excite you? We are looking for an Information Architect with a background in Data Modelling, Ontology and Data Integration.
Our customers are integrating their Scientific Informatics data to accelerate the discovery and manufacture of new Therapeutics, Drugs and Vaccines to save lives Faster! Consequently, we are rapidly growing and looking to expand our technical team in Europe. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Data Science team Transformation Team and help leading Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies deploy and support cutting edge scientific R&D technology globally.
Working to enable R&D Digital Transformation, you will be responsible for ideating, designing, deploying scientific informatic data models. You will own and lead design of data architecture and provide recommendations on best practices and data standards.
- Contribute to data architecture, data modelling and data lifecycle management across the drug discovery and development domains (chemistry, biology, drug metabolism, pharmacokinetic, omics, pre-clinical & clinical data).
- Design, Implementation, and management of enterprise-wide data models (conceptual, logical, and physical), data standards, master data, metadata, dictionaries, taxonomies, and ontologies.
- Apply FAIR data principles to modern data architectures.
- Improve data models, harmonisation, standardisation, contextualisation, and annotation for cross-domain data integration.
- Consulting to develop strategy, roadmaps, designs, guidelines for data selection, sourcing, synthesis, exploration, cleaning, curation, wrangling, integration, and quality control.
- Nurture long term customer relationships with stakeholders, internal teams, vendors, partners and third parties to achieve alignment & consensus.
- Research, assessment & recommendations for technology, standards, and best practices for data governance and data management implementation.
- Estimate, plan, and deliver data strategy and data management projects.
In an ideal world, you’ll have the following skills:
- Experience designing and deploying enterprise data architectures.
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practices e.g. FAIR
- Good understanding of concepts such as Modelling, Integrity, ETL, UML, OWL, RDF, Knowledge Graphs, Triple Stores, Taxonomy & Ontology.
- Experience with databases, data lakes, warehouses, big data platforms and object storage.
- Experience of Data Analytics to surface actionable insights, and are familiar with modern data analytics tooling, methodology, and the Data Analytics lifecycle.
- Strong collaborations skills with the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and a self-starting, proactive approach.
- Basic understanding of developing product roadmaps (ideally with data products) and articulating that roadmap to many different types of stakeholders.
- A skilled communicator able to convey your vision, roadmap, and progress.
- Proven experience of developing, implementing, and managing a Data Governance and Data Quality Management Framework and associated processes.
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks such as GxP, GDPR and other privacy regulations to drive data governance ethics.
It is nice to have:
- Background in Chemistry or Biology.
- Experience with Scientific Informatics solutions in Life Sciences.
- Experience with technology change management in large organizations.
- Knowledge of statistics and data analytics & data visualisation tools
- Experience with development and scripting languages (e.g. python, R, perl …)
- Experience with big data streaming technologies.
In addition to the technical skills, you’ll also need to bring the following skills:
- Curiosity to learn and Passion to join the vanguard driving evolution in Scientific Informatics
- A passion for ensuring customers (new and existing) have an amazing experience when they interact with Zifo.
- Able to relay, complex information in simple terms to internal, partner and customer stakeholders with different levels of technical knowledge.
- Confident and effective in communicating across teams, management tiers and with customers both in writing and verbally.
What is Zifo:
Zifo RnD Solutions is a fast-growing global organization with a presence in US, UK, Germany, France, Japan, China, Singapore, Switzerland, Spain, Ireland, Canada and India. Zifo helps organizations strategize, design, implement and support their systems in the areas of Laboratory Informatics, Scientific Data Management, Clinical Biometrics, Genome Informatics and Compliance Solutions.
If you are attracted by the idea of joining a team where the employee is integral to the success of the company, where trust, empowerment and self-development are more than just words…. then Zifo could be the Company for you. Here at Zifo, these values are the backbone of our culture