Lab Computing Analyst
Zifo RnD Solutions
Job Title: Lab Computing Analyst
Location: New York, NY
Curious about this position?
The Zifo Lab Computing Analyst provides technical laboratory services, including multivendor instrument, information technology and validation/compliance services when applicable. The individual will provide the consulting skills required to analyze customer needs and gaps to propose solutions for the desired state. He or she will work with business users and managers of customers in conjunction with the internal Zifo support team.
Curious about your responsibilities?
- Provides technical support of customer laboratory environments, typically for computers that are integrated with instrumentation
- Manages lab computing aspects of installing new, retirement and relocation of equipment
- Implements Windows based security
- Ensures adherence to client’s corporate policies through periodic reporting and compliance programs
- Acts as the technical support contact for field service engineers and external vendors
- Provides technical subject matter expertise for new system validation and change management efforts
- Document procedures, policies, troubleshooting and best practices
- Create and maintain a physical inventory of lab equipment, PC’s, software, and any other information pertinent to the environment if applicable
- Perform system preventative maintenances based on client’s schedule, if applicable
We are curious about YOU!
We get excited about Lab Computing Analysts who:
- Are independent, self-motivated & results driven individuals
- Display a willingness & ability to acquire quickly new technical skills & business principles
- Possess the ability for Critical Thinking and Logical Reasoning
- Demonstrate good understanding of pharmaceutical research and drug Discovery & development processes and biologics workflows (preferred, not required)
A successful Zifo-ite is:
- Independent, Self-Motivated & Results driven
- Willing & able to quickly acquire new Technical Skills & Business Principles
- A critical thinker who possesses logical reasoning
- Curious and always looking for creative solutions to complex problems
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Science in computer science, life science or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant technical experience including (but not limited to); Windows technologies, networking, remote computing and backup systems
- Excellent customer service skills complemented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests
- Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the company and/or customer’s site safety code
- Experience with virtual machine support (preferred)
- Experience with scientific instrumentation (preferred)
What we bring to the table:
CURIOSITY DRIVEN, SCIENCE FOCUSED, EMPLOYEE BUILT. Our culture is unlike any other, one where we debate, challenge ourselves, and interact with all alike. We are a curious bunch, characterized by our passion to learn and spirit of teamwork. Zifo is a global R&D solutions provider focused on the industries of Pharma, Biotech, Manufacturing QC, Medical Devices, specialty chemicals and other research-based organizations. Our team’s knowledge of science and expertise in technology help Zifo better serve our customers around the globe, including 7 of the Top 10 Biopharma companies.
We look for Science – Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Technology, Biomedical Engineering, Microbiology etc. We possess scientific and technical knowledge and bear professional and personal goals. While we have a “no doors” policy to promote free access within, we do have a tough door to walk in. We search with a two-point agenda – technical competency and cultural adaptability.
We offer a competitive compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company matching, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
If you share these sentiments and are prepared for the atypical, then Zifo is your calling!
Zifo is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.