SAP Technical Lead/Architect
This position is hybrid out of one of our offices - Waltham MA, Conshohocken PA, Bethesda MD, Grand Rapids MI, San Mateo CA, Vancouver WA.
As a Senior Technical Architect/Lead, you will be part of the core Finance Technology team responsible for analyzing, designing, building and maintaining SAP S/4 HANA ERP application. Additionally, you will drive the short and long term technical roadmaps for the SAP platform. You will be challenged with identifying innovative, scalable ideas and strategies to deliver against the existing and future needs of our business partners.
- Delivery, standardization, and governance of our SAP technical areas.
- Experience in organizing and managing the technical phases of large-scale projects and delivering quality releases on schedule.
- Evaluating and staying apprised of new solutions/tools in SAP’s roadmap, investigating new techniques, and understanding emerging features.
- Integrate disparate projects to create reusable components in the SAP systems. Partner with teams (business, IT, vendors) to define, implement and maintain solutions that enhance and automate business processes.
- Integrate third-party products including Zoominfo’s boundary systems with SAP ERP system for Master and Transactional data exchanges for automating business processes, build a transparent and effective error handling & processing around it.
- Support the integration of multiple systems with the existing Business Application ecosystem (e.g SFDC, Coupa, Adaptive, OneSource, Banks, Workday, Stripe, Commerce Cloud)
- Develop, build, and deploy applications using SAP development methodologies, platforms, and technologies. Work with analysts to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Drive & improve operations service management, SOX compliance, system management, stability, uptime and communication management for all application support issues.
- Maintain development practices (e.g., technical design, solution development, systems configuration, writing code, QA control etc.). Provide direction for architecture, design, build, and support activities required for SAP and other enterprise software platforms.
- Knowledge Management - Ability to do Process documentation and Quick Reference guides, Runbooks & Troubleshooting USer Manual
- Stay abreast of technology trends and industry best practices and influence others to seek best-in-class solutions/technology to resolve business challenges.
- Be responsible for the interlock with the product vendor as it relates to their features roadmap, upgrade timeline and overall technology plan
- Collaborate with global hybrid teams of Product Owners and Engineers supporting production applications and maintenance of 24*7 applications in SOX-Compliance environment.
- 10+ years of relevant SAP experience
- 10 years of ABAP experience including REST/OData services, 2+ years of experience working/managing CDS (Core Data Service); Fiori; SAC solutions
- 4+ years of implementation & support experience in SAP S/4HANA ERP
- Collaborate closely with solution architects and BSAs to define and implement effective and efficient solutions to business challenges and opportunities in the S4/HANA landscape
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or in a related field.
- Excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Experience with CI/CD based development using abapGit or similar tools is a must.
- Experience with multiple delivery methodologies - Agile/Waterfall/Hybrid;
- Experience developing, testing and troubleshooting of -
- OData services in SAP Gateway,
- REST APIs,
- RICEFWs (Reports - Fiori smart reports and ABAP traditional reports, SAC reports; Integrations via SAP/non-SAP Middlewares; Conversions - LTMC, LSMW, LTMOM etc; Enhancements, Adobe Forms, Workflows)
- Excellent understanding of SAP S/4 HANA system’s standard Source-to-Pay, Order-to-Cash and Financials processes.
- Ability to analyze and resolve difficult technical issues quickly in a high-pressure and evolving environment.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and ability to partner with them to conduct business and technical discovery
- Experience working with SAP Integration products like SAP Multi Bank Connectivity and non-SAP middlewares like MuleSoft, Boomi is a plus
- Experience working in SAP BRIM including SAP CC/CI
- Experience in SAP RISE managed operations for a private cloud.
- Experience working and presenting proposals to executives in a clear and compelling way
- Experience in understanding and enabling SAP BTP services.
- Certifications in SAP ERP technologies - S4/HANA, Fiori, ECC, BTP, BPC are preferred.
- Experience in High Tech Industry & SaaS Transformation initiatives.