Senior Software Engineer - IDP Core
At ZoomInfo, we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. We value your take charge, take initiative, get stuff done attitude and will help you unlock your growth potential. One great choice can change everything. Thrive with us at ZoomInfo.
As a Senior Software Engineer at ZoomInfo, you will report to the Team Lead for our Developer Experience - Core team and play a pivotal role in enhancing developer productivity and expediting innovation. Your primary responsibility will involve building an internal developer platform to streamline infrastructure deployment and configuration. The ideal candidate will possess a robust background in traditional software engineering, coupled with extensive DevOps tooling and modern infrastructure experience, along with a deep understanding of industry best practices. You'll thrive in dynamic technical discussions and advocate for best practices in our software development lifecycle.
- Develop an Internal Developer Platform using Go(Golang).
- Develop standardized infrastructure components using Terraform
- Deploy and own services running on Kubernetes using Helm
- Own production infrastructure stability, availability, and reliability
- Look for ways to improve processes and take initiative to implement them
- Evaluate new technology and work to improve standards for infrastructure in Google Cloud Platform and AWS
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including DevOps, Cloud Infrastructure, Developers, and CI/CD to design and implement impactful solutions
- Supports end users teammates on code-related questions and issues.
- Creates and maintains documentation for business end users and other engineers.
- Proficient in Go (Golang) with an in-depth understanding of its best practices, idioms, and libraries.
- Deep understanding of software architecture principles, design patterns, and best practices to ensure scalable and maintainable solutions.
- Experience building RESTful APIs (OpenAPI & JSON:API are a plus).
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform
- Experience building or implementing CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, Github Actions, Helm, and Argo
- Proficiency in containerization technologies like Docker or containerd.
- Advanced knowledge of container orchestration platforms, notably Kubernetes.
- Comprehensive experience in the development and operation of highly available applications on major cloud providers, including AWS, GCP, and Azure. Your expertise will encompass their compute, storage, and network services, and you will demonstrate a keen interest in delving deeper into these domains.
- Experience implementing and leading DevOps best practices and principles within an enterprise environment.
- Experience ensuring high availability, resiliency, and performance of critical infrastructure components.
Education & Experience:
- Degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and 7+ years of combined experience in software engineering, infrastructure engineering, and DevOps, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in an enterprise setting, navigating the specific challenges and opportunities such environments present.
- Familiarity with monitoring, logging, and alerting tools tailored for large enterprises. Experience with Datadog is a plus.
- Relevant certifications in cloud platforms (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional) or software architecture.
The US base salary range for this position is $152,000.00 - $198,000.00 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Actual compensation offered will be based on factors such as the candidate’s work location, qualifications, skills, experience and/or training. Your recruiter can share more information about the specific salary range for your desired work location during the hiring process.
We want our employees and their families to thrive. In addition to comprehensive benefits we offer holistic mind, body and lifestyle programs designed for overall well-being. Learn more about ZoomInfo benefits here.
ZoomInfo (NASDAQ: ZI) is the trusted go-to-market platform for businesses to find, acquire, and grow their customers. It delivers accurate, real-time data, insights, and technology to more than 35,000 companies worldwide. Businesses use ZoomInfo to increase efficiency, consolidate technology stacks, and align their sales and marketing teams — all in one platform.
ZoomInfo may use a software-based assessment as part of the recruitment process. More information about this tool, including the results of the most recent bias audit, is available here.
ZoomInfo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability status, religion, protected military or veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law. At ZoomInfo, we also consider qualified candidates with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.