Senior Product Marketing Manager, Sales Persona
At ZoomInfo, we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. We value your take charge, take initiative, get stuff done attitude and will help you unlock your growth potential. One great choice can change everything. Thrive with us at ZoomInfo.
Our Product Marketing team is made up of three sub-teams: Persona PMMs, Technical PMMs, and Growth PMMs. As part of the Persona PMM team you live and breathe narrative design and GTM strategies focused on our core ZoomInfo Sales persona. You should think of yourself as the CEO of your persona & solution, as the in-house expert you are focused on optimizing our overall product presence to drive awareness, new business acquisition, and customer growth. You help guide Customer Engagement Marketing, Integrated Marketing Managers (IMM), Sales, Customer Success and Technical PMMs, on how to best talk to and sell to your various personas. You will evangelize our solutions internally and externally—always keeping the bigger picture of what your persona is trying to solve with a ZoomInfo solution in mind. Your efforts will ensure we are at the forefront of innovation, market needs, and customer desires. Your success will be largely tied to sales and marketing success metrics.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Overarching solution messaging & narrative design for the Sales persona
- Use case, differentiator, and value prop definition
- Development and updates to Buyer Personas
- Evergreen sales & product assets (website updates, product videos, sales assets etc.)
- Campaign planning with IMM that enable us to market our products effectively and drive demand
- Enablement materials and training including collateral, pitch decks and talk tracks
- Key partner to marketing on Analyst Briefings & Inquiries
- Buyer research for roadmap considerations and buying insights
What your day might look like:
- You catch up with your IMM to brief them on an industry-shaping release your Technical PMM is working on. Together you work through a plan to get these updates onto our website. You also develop a plan to include it in the new pitch deck you’re working on, as well as that Gartner MQ briefing coming up.
- You’ve been doing buyer persona research and have just completed the key takeaways. You set up a meeting to share these new found insights with Customer Engagement Marketing, Technical PMM and IMM to ensure we are speaking to our audience the right way.
- You gathered and distilled insights from primary research and Chorus call listening to better understand customer use cases and competitive differentiation. You combined these insights with existing VoC and competitive insights gathered by our Advocacy and Market Intelligence teams to update our messaging & positioning.
- After evaluating our sales process, you noticed a gap in collateral that would be helpful to accelerate deals. You write the copy and work with design to get it designed and Enablement to get it launched.
- You get pulled into a sales call for a key account to discuss some of the key items on our product roadmap.
Core skills required and questions you’ll ask yourself:
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience (product marketing, product management, lead generation, sales enablement, positioning and messaging)
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, or communication
- Experience in building GTM strategies — Which products and packages will resonate with my persona? How can we most effectively bring new and existing products to market in a scalable way?
- Understanding of persona development and the market landscape— How do we effectively engage our different personas? What do they care most about? Which problems can we uniquely solve for them? What are trends that are happening in this persona’s universe?
- Great storytelling skills with the ability to find structure in the chaos — How can I ensure we aren’t telling one-off stories but building a larger narrative to reinforce our undisputed market position? How can we continuously reinforce our product innovation themes and brand pillars?
Excellent all-around communications skills — How do I write things in a compelling way? How do I engage an audience when speaking? How do I form strong working relationships with my coworkers? How do I ask the most effective questions and listen for the key insights? Ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships — What can I do to make it easier for AEs to tell our full platform story? How can I help speed up the evaluation phase with effective collateral? Planning & project management skills — When is the best time to launch upsell campaigns? What does the ideal workback plan look like to launch this new campaign on time? Ability to present effectively in front of various audiences — How do I tell the story of ZoomInfo in a way that is engaging for analysts? For prospects? For existing customers?
The behaviors we value:
You’ll be surrounded by an amazing group of people on this team, and we want to continue to build on the superb team culture we’ve built. That’s why we want you to understand the behaviors that we want to see you display:
Have a CEO mindset
- Make decisions about what we’re going to tackle (and not tackle).
- Prioritize work that will have the biggest impact on the business.
- Communicate clearly and frequently.
- Champion our products internally and externally.
Lift others up
- Look out for good behavior and shine a light on it.
- Provide TSP (timely, specific, positive) feedback.
- Have the courage and compassion to deliver constructive feedback.
- Continuously look for ways to help others succeed.
Connect the dots
- Make helpful introductions between people in other departments.
- Educate people about work happening in other parts of the organization that might impact them.
- Surface unintended consequences of projects and initiatives to people driving those projects.
Practice the art of healthy conflict
- Go to lengths to communicate explicitly—even when it’s uncomfortable—so that there aren’t mismatched expectations and understandings about work.
- Ask good, probing questions, and when we don’t fully understand something, have the confidence to ask for clarity.
- Broach uncomfortable topics (“nip problems in the bud”).
- Proactively communicate bad news.
- Voice disagreement early and have a healthy debate. Once the decision is made, get on board and fully support it (“disagree and commit”)
Take calculated risks
- Actively seek out opportunities to take on types of work we haven’t done before.
- Be vulnerable about where we’re struggling.
- Do things that feel uncomfortable or scary if they’ll help us or the organizations thrive.
- Adopt a test-and-learn mindset to help us iterate and optimize to become 1% better every day.
- Technical PMM
- Integrated Marketing Manager
- SDR, Sales, AM Leadership
- Revenue Enablement
- Customer Engagement Marketing
- Market Intelligence / Customer Insights
- Analyst Relations
The US base salary range for this position is $124,000 - $155,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Actual compensation offered will be based on factors such as the candidate’s work location, qualifications, skills, experience and/or training. Your recruiter can share more information about the specific salary range for your desired work location during the hiring process. We want our employees and their families to thrive. In addition to comprehensive benefits we offer holistic mind, body and lifestyle programs designed for overall well-being. Learn more about ZoomInfo benefits here.
ZoomInfo (NASDAQ: ZI) is the trusted go-to-market platform for businesses to find, acquire, and grow their customers. It delivers accurate, real-time data, insights, and technology to more than 35,000 companies worldwide. Businesses use ZoomInfo to increase efficiency, consolidate technology stacks, and align their sales and marketing teams — all in one platform.
ZoomInfo may use a software-based assessment as part of the recruitment process. More information about this tool, including the results of the most recent bias audit, is available here.
ZoomInfo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability status, religion, protected military or veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law. At ZoomInfo, we also consider qualified candidates with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.