Data Scientist III
At ZoomInfo, we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. We value your take charge, take initiative, get stuff done attitude and will help you unlock your growth potential. One great choice can change everything. Thrive with us at ZoomInfo.
ZoomInfo is seeking a Data Scientist to join our Innovation Data Science team to develop cutting-edge data products in its industry-leading B2B sales and marketing intelligence platform. This role is with our Product Innovation team and will directly support product growth and development initiatives through both direct statistical analysis and utilization of ML/AI algorithms. If you love data and solving complex problems this is the role for you!
About our Team
Our mission is to maximize the value of ZI’s comprehensive B2B database through practical application of ML and Generative AI to solving real-world business challenges. To this end, the team has cultivated a powerful fusion of product thinking, ML, language models, and iterative methodologies which work together to deliver a robust suite of data products that inject data-driven intelligence into every facet of ZI. We actively research existing solutions and adapt them to fit our unique requirements, all while leaving ample room for creativity. We collaborate with other data scientists, product managers, ML engineers, subject-matter experts and key business stakeholders to form a cohesive unit dedicated to identifying critical gaps and defining effective approaches to solving the most valuable problems in our business. The result? An impressive array of both experimental and production-ready Data Science products that have a tangible impact on our customer’s ability to generate revenue with their Go-to-Market motion. Embrace the opportunity to join our accomplished team on this transformative journey, where innovation and teamwork thrive, and where your contributions will shape the future of data-driven excellence.
About the Job
As part of our Innovation Data-Science team, you will be working on delivering solutions for a variety of business problems:
- Build personalized lead scoring models to rank contacts for our customers
- Mine hidden relationships among large networks of business contacts and/or companies
- Build scoring models that drive accuracy, confidence and trust in firmographic attributes extracted from unstructured text
- Develop recommender systems to identify high intent companies and/or contacts which are most likely to engage with a customer at any given point in time
- Introduce innovative, state-of-the-art ML solutions to overhaul existing models
- Provide clear technical guidance and mentorship to junior data scientists. Promote a culture of continuous learning and knowledge sharing within the team
- Partner with ML engineers to review and co-optimize technical designs
- Support productionization and deployment of data science models and pipelines
- Experience: 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in Data Science, with a proven track record of delivering impactful data-driven solutions
- Educational Background: Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field: Statistics, Data Science, Applied Math, Computer Science, Physics or equivalent experience
- Data-Centric Mindset: Be willing to explore the data and have it guide you to the best solution. Able to utilize a diverse range of advanced statistical and analytic techniques to inform development priorities and decision-making processes.
- Languages and Compute Frameworks: Proficient in Python, SQL, and Spark. Comfortable working with big data.
- ML Production Experience: Hands-on experience in delivering ML systems, utilizing cloud-managed tools like Snowflake, Databricks, Dataproc, EMR, and similar platforms.
- ML Frameworks: Experience w/ PyTorch, XGBoost, SparkML, scikit-learn, etc.
- NLP: Proficiency with libraries and frameworks such as NLTK, spaCy, Hugging Face Transformers, or others preferred
- ML Theory: Demonstrated ability to understand how machine learning models work under the hood and adept at selecting and evaluating the most appropriate model for any given business problem
- Communication: Excellent cross-functional and verbal communication skills, enabling seamless coordination across teams and effective communication with business partners and stakeholders. Ability to present complex technical concepts and results to both technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and understandable manner
ZoomInfo (NASDAQ: ZI) is the trusted go-to-market platform for businesses to find, acquire, and grow their customers. It delivers accurate, real-time data, insights, and technology to more than 35,000 companies worldwide. Businesses use ZoomInfo to increase efficiency, consolidate technology stacks, and align their sales and marketing teams — all in one platform.
ZoomInfo may use a software-based assessment as part of the recruitment process. More information about this tool, including the results of the most recent bias audit, is available here.
ZoomInfo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability status, religion, protected military or veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law. At ZoomInfo, we also consider qualified candidates with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.