Technical Support Engineer
Who We Are:
Ivanti's platform makes it possible for employees to stay productive, secure and engaged wherever they are. That starts with us. With headquarters in Utah, offices in London and Paris and nearly 3,200 employees in 25 countries around the world, we are the Everywhere Workplace – it's a great time to work for Ivanti!
We anticipate our customers’ needs, we are highly responsive, and we deliver innovative solutions that exceed their expectations. Our mission is to be a global technology leader enabling organizations to thrive in the Everywhere Workplace – automating the tasks that discover, manage, secure and service all of their IT assets.
Teamwork is intrinsic to what we do and why we do it. We are accountable to each other – and support one another. We provide opportunities to grow, learn, add value and thrive – while also achieving new levels of performance. We treat all with appreciation, dignity, and respect. It is through diverse and inclusive hiring, decision-making, and commitment to our employees and partners that we will continue to build and deliver world-class solutions for our customers.
Here's what you will do:
- Provide technical support for our users (application administrators - IT people), meaning resolving their questions or problems in the areas of system configuration/setup and product functionality including fixes
- Serve as primary support liaison between company and customer
- Keep customer informed of how and when problems are resolved
- Involved in any additional follow up, testing and troubleshooting
- Works directly with the backline and development teams to resolve complex issues and provide input for product direction
This is just the beginning of your journey with Ivanti. There will be a lot of possibilities for you to get in-depth knowledge and broaden you experience with different responsibilities and occupations.
What you'll need to be successful:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in technical support/customer service on 2nd or 3rd line of technical or application support
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Experience in troubleshooting in those areas:
- Windows Server and Client (Knowledge of Windows infrastructure including DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Windows Registry, Services and Processes)
- SQL (Knowledge of Database Infrastructure, SQL Trace/SQL Profiler, Querying, Maintenance planning)
- IIS (Knowledge about HTTP protocol, IIS Configuration)
- Network (ISO/OSI Model, Ports, Network Services, Network Trace Analysis)
- Initiative and ownership of your work.
- Learn new technologies
- Take on new challenges
- And put new ideas into motion, your managers and teammates will support you.
- Excellent communication skills. So, you can resolve our user's issues and support your colleagues throughout the organization
What is not essential, but nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering or equivalent
- Microsoft® Certified Professional, Microsoft® Certified Database Administrator, Oracle® Database Administrator - Certified Associate, Cisco Certified Network Associate, VMware® Certified Professional, CompTIA® Network+, ITIL
- Linux/Mac (Commands, Configuring and Installing, Scripting, Software Distribution)
- OS Deployment (Knowledge one technology or more: MDT, SCCM, Ghost, Altiris)
- PowerShell or any other scripting language
- Great team that you will love to work with
- Support in developing your skills and career
- Private Healthcare
- Online Training/Certifications
- Gym Card
- Lunch Card
At Ivanti, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ivanti believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.