Customer Success Retention Manager
We are in Business for People, empowering people in service organizations with innovative Enterprise and Business software solutions. We’ve innovated and taken a new approach to delivering ERP that works for people. Self-driving, adaptive and intuitive software that is changing the way people work. Our solutions empower people and deliver a better people experience so people can spend time on meaningful high value work they live for.
Read more on our website about how we transform work and how people feel about it, so our customers and their people can thrive.
We are looking to add to our amazing Customer Experience Team and would love for you to join us. As one of our Customer Success Retention Managers, you will work on a cross function basis but in particular with our customer success team and sales teams, to plan and implement data-led strategies to reduce customer churn.
You will oversee the execution of agreed-upon tactics, engaging with customers before, during, and after the process is complete for that customer.
- Customer Success Retention Manager will monitor all customer health surrounding risk and cancellations management.
- In the short term, this individual will manage the process of external customer cancellations, understanding the reasons and working to both mitigate risk of future cancellations as well as ensuring all processed cancellations are managed through to fulfillment alongside our cross-functional teams within finance and billing.
- This individual will have a strong understanding of the reasons that customers may choose to move away from a product/service or downsell a portion of their offering, in order to develop a strong retention program and motion to mitigate risk and get proactive around potential "win-back" motions we can enable the customer success management team.
- This individual will work closely with our finance, sales operations and billing teams as a part of our Customer Experience Transformation team.
- Planning data-led churn reduction tactics and overseeing implementation in a customer-first manner.
- Monitoring relevant metrics for customer goals and keeping account overviews.
- Creating automated processes for churn precursors and communicating with customers proactively whenever they’re in danger of churning to prevent support issues, foster customer loyalty, and promote good business relationships.
- Analyzing accounts, researching customer behavior, and creating predictive models of the customer journey.
- Reaching out to customers before their respective renewal dates to negotiate contracts.
- Implementing credit card expiration date notifications, dunning emails, direct debit payments, or account updaters to prevent involuntary customer churn.
- Working with expansion and upsell managers (or other CS team members) to create upsell and cross-sell offers that directly address known customer pain points.
- Analyzing churn reasons, creating an offboarding process and checklist, and conducting offboarding interviews to determine why customers are leaving.
Here are some of the necessary skills to be a great Customer Retention Manager:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Customer Success or Customer Support.
- Relevant courses / training are nice-to-have but only required by some job postings.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to transform customer conversations into business-driving relationships while still managing to serve the customers’ goals as best as possible.
- Advanced knowledge of churn reduction tactics and experience implementing them to save accounts from churning. Understanding of customer retention programming and metrics which will include
- Risk planning, review of churn reasons (understanding the "why" and reporting out on trends)
- Retention motions such as win-back etc. and metrics such as risk mitigated, net revenue retention, etc.
- High emotional intelligence and empathy skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and goal-oriented mindset backed by basic-to-advanced project management knowledge.
- Advanced IT&C knowledge and capabilities, experience with automation, and ability to learn new software tools on the job.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally across our business, to drive process and operational improvements.
- Desire to pull together trends and read out the reasons why customer stay (retention), increase their lifetime value (expand) and ultimately become champions (referenceable).
- Understanding of NPS, Voice of The Customer and CSAT including all relevant KPI's associated with Customer Success and Retention.
Join Unit4 and be part of one of the most exciting journeys in the cloud ERP software space. We’re a fast-paced, high-growth, people-centric company, delivering enterprise software for a great people experience, and offering our own people a host of benefits and development opportunities. Grow with us
At Unit4, we offer:
• a culture built on trust - giving you the freedom and autonomy to be successful,
• balance - with our uncapped time off policy, remote working opportunities and Global Wellbeing Days when the whole company can switch off and prioritize well-being,
• talented colleagues, role models and mentors - work, learn and be inspired by some of the best talent in the software industry,
• a commitment to sustainability - with initiatives such as our Act4Good program, a way for everyone at Unit4 to come together and engage in actions that benefit society and the planet,
• a safe and inclusive working environment – supported by our Employee Resource Groups, which are open to all and include Women at Unit4, Pride at Unit4, Mental Health and Access at Unit4, and People of Color at Unit4.