Who we are
Unit4 is a cloud leader in people-based ERP. We’ve specialized in software for service organizations since the early 1980s. Today, our technology is central to the organizations we serve – it delivers a completely new people experience, enabling our customers to engage their people efficiently and productively so they can spend more time on meaningful work. Using the latest AI, machine learning and digital technologies, our customers can make more sense of business-critical data than ever before.
What drives us is simple: enabling our customers to engage their people and deliver a new people experience, through technology that creates smarter, more connected organizations.
Read more on our website about how we transform work and how people feel about it.
People are at the heart of our organization and building an extraordinary culture is foundational to our success. To ensure that our people can focus on meaningful and inspiring work we are in the middle of People Experience (HR) transformation. In this transformation we are optimizing, digitizing and automating our people administration and payroll processes to further enhance the employee experience and performance of our people.
Do you put people first and are you ready to make an impact?
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our new People Services Center (SSC) in Portugal, Lisbon. As Payroll Specialist you must ensure the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of the monthly payroll data input and ensure timely delivery of the payroll documents and reports to our employees and finance colleagues.
Additionally, you will play an important part in our transformation to one global payroll provider. We aim to simplify our multi-country payroll landscape, automating the payroll processing with less manual steps. Payroll-related information is updated and handled once. The objective for our People Services team is to deliver extraordinary admin and payroll services to employees working at Unit4 all over the world.
You will report into the People Services Centre Manager and work closely with regional People Experience (HR) leaders, the global payroll manager and employees globally. You drive operational excellence, through technology, automation, and consistency across all regions.
- Provide monthly payroll data changes e.g., joiners/movers/leavers to the external payroll partner(s)
- Submit additional variable payroll input e.g., overtime, absences & leave data for the external payroll provider(s) to process
- Make sure all is done accurately, timely and completely
- Coordinate with the global payroll manager to make the payroll activities run smoothly
- Resolve requests and queries related with the employee journey (i.e., onboarding, perform & grow, compensation & benefits, leave)
- Coordinate with the in-country People Experience Leaders and other stakeholders to solve complex requests and queries
- Provide support and guidance to employees and managers on policies, processes, systems and tools
- Update People Services payroll-related Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and contribute to the improvement of processes and systems
- Ensure that employee administration and payroll activities are in accordance with organization policies, agreed work details and compliancy
- Deliver great employee experience with high levels of service, accuracy, and timeliness
- Have strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English
- Have experience in payroll processing for one or more countries (preferably Portugal, Spain, Germany)
Next to your day-to-day activities you will support the Payroll transformation towards one global payroll provider and are continuously looking to improve the People Experience with everything you do.
A chance to participate in the development of an international leading software firm. At Unit4, you have the freedom and autonomy to be successful. An attractive salary while working in a challenging international environment. Enthusiastic colleagues who like to learn from each other. At Unit4 we invest in your personal and professional growth. We don't focus on how many days you work, we trust you on delivering results - thus, we have an unlimited vacation policy.