Service Engagement Manager
We are in Business for People, empowering people in service organizations with innovative Enterprise and Business software solutions. We’ve innovated and taken a new approach to delivering ERP that works for people. Self-driving, adaptive and intuitive software that is changing the way people work. Our solutions empower people and deliver a better people experience so people can spend time on meaningful high value work they live for.
Read more on our website about how we transform work and how people feel about it, so our customers and their people can thrive.
The Services Engagement Manager is responsible for driving Unit4 services business growth by working directly with customers, Unit4 license sales and PS delivery teams to identify, scope and close new professional services opportunities within assigned accounts or territory. Scoped opportunities should realize customer value and meet Unit4 business requirements for profitability and quality. This is a direct sales role with an assigned target quota.
In this position as Services Engagement Manager for our Benelux market, you possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge of PS solution design and resourcing required to complete complex customer enterprise IT assignments. The position requires advanced technical understanding of Unit4 products and solutions required to meet customer need. You carry services bookings quota, are able to work collaboratively and effectively with Unit4 license Sales and PS staff to shape and close SOWs. You ensure handover to PS delivery teams is smooth acting as point for escalations as required during engagement. And you stay engaged during project delivery to ensure customer satisfaction and business value realization (BVR) as appropriate.
- Leads services business development efforts within assigned accounts or territory and acts as the single point of contact for services opportunities across all Unit4 products in supported accounts;
- Actively maintains and develops close collaborative relationships with Unit4 business unit sales groups;
- Creates high quality presentations and Statement of Work(SOW) proposals for all assigned accounts or territories including input to RFP, RFR and ITTs;
- Provides best practice and content leadership during the opportunity life cycle;
- Enables profitable and successful project completion by scoping projects to ensure resources requirements and timescales are achievable;
- Advanced understanding and use of Unit4 sales methodology, forecasting systems and tools, able to lead business case and business value analysis (BVA) initiatives as required during sales cycle;
- Builds pipeline of new business of at least 3x quota, regularly undertaking reconciliation planning and pipeline generation activities to achieve target quota driving both license attached and unattached business;
- Able to build service attached opportunities and revenue through sales cycle as appropriate; Able to identify and drive ‘software unattached’ service opportunities and revenue through pipeline generation actions;
- Accurately reports status on all opportunities using relevant Unit4 systems and reviews with services leadership on sales forecast reviews;
- Collaborates closely with assigned PS SMEs including Architects, Consultants and Practice teams to align delivery approach and scope to sales development plans;
- Ensures smooth handover during deal closure to project and service delivery teams;
- Communicates regularly and directly with delivery teams in order to maintain opportunity momentum;
- Scopes and closes customer change orders as required during project delivery;
- Builds and shares experience-based knowledge and resources directly with peers and across Unit4;
- Adheres to all company policies and any required training available;
- Continually identifies customer knowledge gaps and opportunities for Unit4 product or service expansion and enhancement.
Typically, 5+ years’ experience in solution definition, scoping and delivery of complex professional services as part of an enterprise software business. 3+ years of quota performing sales. Evidence required of scoping and closing Enterprise Professional Services opportunities and consistent achievement of quota targets.
- Advanced understanding of current Unit4 product and service catalogues;
- Advanced understanding of end to end sales processes and methodologies;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Highly numerate; able to construct and present business proposals required for large IT investment decisions;
- Advanced communications skills both oral and written, able to build customer presentations, business cases and complex SOWs;
- Able to influence at ‘C’ level and build customer champions at all levels;
- Demonstrates ability to apply sound judgment to any business situation and achieve desired outcomes;
- Able to form and lead cross functional teams;
- Proven negotiation and proven sales skills;
- Ability to accurately forecast future business;
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in computer science or business-related field.
A chance to participate in the development of an international leading software firm. At Unit4, you have the freedom and autonomy to be successful. An attractive salary while working in a challenging international environment. Enthusiastic colleagues who like to learn from each other. At Unit4 we invest in your personal and professional growth. We don't focus on how many days you work, we trust you on delivering results - thus, we have an unlimited vacation policy.