VP Sales North America
We are in Business for People, empowering people in service organizations with innovative Enterprise and Business software solutions. We’ve innovated and taken a new approach to delivering ERP that works for people. Self-driving, adaptive and intuitive software that is changing the way people work. Our solutions
empower people and deliver a better people experience so people can spend time on meaningful high-value work they live for.
Read more on our website about how we transform work and how people feel about it, so our customers and their people can thrive.
As a Vice President for Sales you will take responsibility for the execution of our strategy to become a leading high-growth ERP cloud software company, driving sales across our key verticals; Non-Profit, Public Sector, Higher Education & Professional Services.
You will be tasked with driving sustainable revenue growth for Unit4 including the implementation of systems, processes, and sales disciplines, as well as the demands on hiring, and retaining the brightest and best people in the industry.
- Quickly take stock of the business as it stands today, developing a deep understanding of Unit4’s new accelerated growth strategy, routes to market, competitors, and customers;
- As a key member of the sales leadership team, this individual must develop excellent working relationships with the sales organization and channel partners, establish credibility with the functional organizations and quickly assimilate into the company’s culture as a leader;
- Provide direction, leadership, and a very strong personal contribution to the sales organization, ensuring efforts are focused on aggressively growing top-line revenues through the generation of scalable, repeatable, structured client and partner relationships;
- Take ownership of the sales organization, which will require them to leverage and grow Unit4’s significant customer base through direct, relationship-oriented “solutions” sales.
- Provide clear and inspirational leadership to the sales team, leading from the front. Ensure that everyone understands what is expected of them, that messaging both internally and externally is aligned, and through example, build passion and energy and shared excitement into the business;
- Represent the Unit4 at the highest levels of customer organizations, and to the market at large, taking all appropriate opportunities to raise the profile of the company across verticals;
- Play a proactive role in the customer-facing activities of the company – sales, marketing, services, and operations. Be prepared to be ‘hands-on’ and dig into detail when required;
- Hiring where appropriate, ensure the development of a first-class sales operation, capable of delivering to the substantial potential Unit4 has in the region.
- SaaS / Cloud experience essential and experience within the ERP sector would be an advantage;
- Able to bring a highly analytical approach to the development of the sales strategy; able to structure, motivate and support a mixed model sales organisation, including direct, channels, and inside sales teams, third-party channels and strategic partnerships;
- Experience of leading sales teams for both large and small companies combining entrepreneurial instinct with large company disciplines and process. The ideal candidate will have also led an organisation with revenues of comparable scale and complexity;
- Experience of having driven significant commercial improvement into a business software business of similar scope, including quality and efficiency of lead-generation systems, optimisation of customer acquisition costs and team compensation plans;
- Experience of having grown sales teams in terms of processes, maturity, ‘bench strength’, resilience and predictability;
- Establishes, maintains and manages against clear KPI’s’;
- Natural inclination to spend time with customers and partners, developing a strong feel for customer expectations, issues and market trends;
- Able to articulate priorities for marketing and communications to support commercial objectives;
- Experience, connections and ability to interface directly with CEOs, CFOs and other Board-level customers, engaging with them on business-critical issues;
Join Unit4 and be part of one of the most exciting journeys in the cloud ERP software space. We’re a fastpaced, high-growth, people-centric company, delivering enterprise software for a great people experience,
and offering our own people a host of benefits and development opportunities. Grow with us
At Unit4, we offer:
• a culture built on trust - giving you the freedom and autonomy to be successful,
• balance - with our uncapped time off policy, remote working opportunities and Global Wellbeing Days when the whole company can switch off and prioritize well-being,
• talented colleagues, role models and mentors - work, learn and be inspired by some of the best talent in the software industry,
• a commitment to sustainability - with initiatives such as our Act4Good program, a way for everyone at Unit4 to come together and engage in actions that benefit society and the planet,
• a safe and inclusive working environment – supported by our Employee Resource Groups, which are open to all and include Women at Unit4, Pride at Unit4, Mental Health and Access at Unit4, and People of Color at Unit4
Atlanta, United States