Global Project Management Accountant
The Global Project Management Accountant (Professional Services) is responsible for the financial management and integrity of the Professional Services gross margin across the Group.
The Global Project Management Accountant is responsible for the financial accounting for the entire portfolio of projects, providing accurate, timely and relevant management information as well as providing advice and guidance to the project teams. Ensuring compliance with Unit4 Policies and current accounting standards.
What you will do:
- Project accounting including revenue and cost matching, cost and revenue accruals based on company accounting policy.
- Transaction reconciliation & support
- Control and prepare the monthly management accounts for Professional Services
- Deliver professional financial advice to project managers
- Income statement management – ensure the business activities drive performance that will deliver the budget and forecast.
- Propose timely revenue & cost control and measures as necessary to protect EBITDA. Identify areas for potential remedial action including management of contingency, cost provision, aged project debt, aging unbilled amounts, WIP balance sheet management.
- Financial integrity – ensure revenue is recognised correctly in line with Group policy. Ensure processes are in place to maintain financial records accurately. Ensure timetables are understood for timesheets and invoice approvals, to enable timely billings to external and internal customers.
- Audit – lead the discussions with external auditors on the PS business, covering the PS financials, project performance, process and controls.
- Business reviews – provide content.
- Balance sheet management – the accuracy of the deferred revenues, provisions, accruals, assets, relating to the PS business, and review the reconciliations of these accounts.
- Finance department workload assistance at peak times, including month-ends, audits, Budget and QBR submissions, absence cover, time-critical senior leadership requests.
- Qualified Accountant
- Recent professional services project accounting experience, minimum 2 years
- Revenue Assurance is a second nature driver
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience in a fast-paced International organisation
- Personal attributes
- Values accuracy and attention to detail
- Strength of character to enforce financial disciplines – does the right thing
- Sense of urgency for performance improvement, action-oriented, results-focused
- Creates strong personal partnerships and alliances, gains respect of colleagues
- Control-minded, considers how to protect the Individual and the Company
- A good balance of intellect, energy, and humility
- Proactive, strong team player, looking for a challenge and to enjoy the job.
- Independent and collaborative